Which products are included?
- The chemical editor, MarvinSketch along with all the Calculators
- Naming capabilities of Chemical Name and Structure Conversion
- Data management with Instant JChem Enterprise version (including the VIZ visualization add-on) and JChem for Office
- Discovery toolkits: Screen Suite, Reactor, JKlustor
- Analyze Markush structures with the Markush Tools and Markush Editor
- Back-end tools for building databases: Standardizer and Structure Checker for canonicalization and structural error correction is by default in the package. We also include our JChem PostgreSQL Cartridge in the package, but you have to specifically ask for that. It is NOT included in the package by default.
How to obtain and maintain a Commercial Academic
- Read the general conditions and apply for the license in email by describing your project and affiliation(s).
- Your application will be reviewed. We may need additional details during the acceptance process.
- Once your application is accepted, you will be notified and invoiced in email.
- You must maintain the accuracy of your application. If the circumstances of your research project change, you need to ensure that it continues to comply with the Commercial Academic License terms. To review or amend your application please contact us.
- To access the software you should visit the product page for downloads and select the software required.
General conditions of offer
- The Commercial Academic License is assigned only to named individuals or groups (units, departments of degree granting educational settings) who carry our research funded by commercial entities or want to access shared, central or remote databases.
- The license keys cannot be transferred beyond the named individuals or groups for whom originally granted to use the functionality outside of the university or with unlicensed individuals.
- Only ChemAxon software listed above is included in the Commercial Academic Research License.
- No products, applications, services or any other delivery of software performance which contains the provided software are allowed without the written permission of ChemAxon.
- ChemAxon charges EUR 500 per user per year for the software provided within the Commercial Academic Research License. In regards to JChem PostgreSQL Cartridge this includes free usage for the first year, but from the second year additional charges apply which should be negotiated by ChemAxon sales. For inquiries please contact: email@example.com.
- ChemAxon makes no charge for software upgrades or support provided via the Support Ticketing System for software provided within the Commercial Academic License.
- Any publications or presentations (if any) based upon implementations or data generated by provided software must cite ChemAxon. For specific citation information please see the "Citation Guide" below.
- Applicants and license holders must remain familiar with the conditions of the Commercial Academic Research License and maintain the accuracy of their applications according to the requested information and respond to requests to confirm the accuracy of application details.
- ChemAxon reserves the right to alter the conditions of the Commercial Academic Research License at any time. Any changes to these conditions will be shared with the license holders.
We would like you to cite our software in your article using the following pattern:
<PRODUCT NAME> was/were used for <DESCRIPTION>, <PRODUCT NAME> <VERSION NUMBER>, ChemAxon (https://www.chemaxon.com).
Example: "Marvin was used for drawing, displaying and characterizing chemical structures, substructures and reactions, Marvin 17.21.0, ChemAxon (https://www.chemaxon.com)"
Special conditions of offerThe Commercial Academic License allows:
- obtaining license for all users (no need for each user to get and maintain their own licenses).
- centrally deploying and sharing data across all users using our JChem for Office, Instant JChem Enterprise and desktop applications.
- building custom or centralised data systems, using MarvinSketch, JChem or other technologies including various interfaces to curate, input, generate and report data and chemical structures.
- accessing or building shared systems for discovery functionality (clustering, library enumeration, structure characterization and virtual screening), and integrating within systems via server.
- share or distribute large numbers or batches of ChemAxon structure based calculations (Calculators) to external organizations except in the case where data derived from ChemAxon structure calculation is presented without the contributing ChemAxon data included. The reporting of a small number of ChemAxon structure generated data (approx. less than 100 structures) in support of reporting is permitted.
- have email or telephone support. ChemAxon provides assistance only through the Support Ticketing System as written above.
- expect guarantee of feature development.