What does the FreeWeb license include?
- Chemical editor: Marvin JS via Chemicalize Pro that makes embedding super easy
- All Calculators – for existing content only. Users may not perform calculations on structures drawn or uploaded by them
- Web services to add chemical intelligence to your website are included only for the first year: JChem Microservices and the Standardizer and Structure Checker
If you have any questions about how to apply for, maintain or access software provided under the FreeWeb License conditions, please search our Support Tickets.
How to obtain and maintain a ChemAxon FreeWeb License?
- Read the general conditions and apply for the free license in email by describing your project and providing a URL of the relevant (demo) page if you think you will fulfill our requirements.
- Your application will be reviewed. We may need additional details during the acceptance process.
- Once your application is accepted, you will be notified and the license file for the listed products, or in case of Marvin JS, the embeddable code will be sent to your institutional email address.
- You must maintain the accuracy of your application. If the circumstances of the site change, you need to ensure that it continues to comply with the FreeWeb license terms. To review or amend your application please contact us.
- To access the software you should visit the product page for downloads and select the software required.
General conditions of offer
- The FreeWeb License is assigned only to named individuals or groups (organizations, institutions or units, departments of legal entities) who make a freely accessible (no login) and non-commercial (not commercial or related to any commercial activity either directly or as a means of promoting or soliciting business) website.
- The term of the license is two years, subsequent licenses will be provided by Chemaxon upon request. If you have enabled Marvin JS on your website via Chemicalize Pro, you will not need to apply for a new license covering chemical drawing. However, for the rest of the capabilities you will need to refresh the license every 2 years.
- The license keys cannot be transferred beyond the named individuals or groups for the website to whom originally granted.
- Only Chemaxon software listed above is included in the FreeWeb License.
- Chemaxon software may be used only on the public dataset provided by the website. This means that for example our phys-chem calculators are allowed to run on the website's publicly available library; but the users are not allowed to upload their own compounds and later save their results. The FreeWeb program may not use license keys of the provided software to enable structure based calculations provided by Marvin interface or to perform structure based calculations on structures submitted or drawn by site users.
- Chemaxon makes no charge for the provided software offered within the FreeWeb License.
- Chemaxon makes no charge for software upgrades or support provided via the Support Tickets for software provided within the FreeWeb License.
- Neither the licensee, commercial or academic partners nor any of its employees (if applicable) will receive funds or payments in kind related to the performance of the provided software.
- Neither the licensee, commercial or academic partners nor any of its employees (if applicable) will receive direct or indirect revenues, incomes or payments of any kind generated, resulted by or related to the content of the web site (e.g. no advertisement allowed on the site).
- No products, applications, services or any other delivery of software performance which contains the provided software are allowed without the written permission of Chemaxon.
- All implementations of provided software should credit Chemaxon by placing a logo with a link to www.chemaxon.com, on all the relevant pages or sections of the implementation where the software is providing content. Please find our logo on the bottom of this page.
- Any publications or presentations (if any) based upon implementations or data generated by provided software must cite Chemaxon. For specific citation information please see our details located below. Where Calculator result comparisons are being studied written permission from Chemaxon is required before publication.
- Applicants and license holders must remain familiar with the conditions of the FreeWeb License and maintain the accuracy of their applications according to the requested information and respond to requests to confirm the accuracy of application details.
- Chemaxon reserves the right to alter the conditions of the FreeWeb License at any time. Any changes to these conditions will be shared with the license holders.
We would like you to cite our software in your article using the following pattern:
<PRODUCT NAME> was/were used for <DESCRIPTION>, <PRODUCT NAME> <VERSION NUMBER>, ChemAxon (https://www.chemaxon.com).
Example: "Marvin was used for drawing, displaying and characterizing chemical structures, substructures and reactions, Marvin 22.2, Chemaxon (https://www.chemaxon.com)"