Account Manager (USA)
San Diego, CA Cambridge, MA
We are actively hiring account managers for our US sales team. These are excellent opportunities for motivated and creative individuals with a real desire to sell end-user software solutions into the life science chemistry research market.
ChemAxon is quite unique. Seriously.
Imagine it's like an agile startup but on a larger scale. When we say flat organization, we mean it. You will have the company trust from the first day and you should be able to take your own decisions and share your feedback constantly. If you see a challenge within the organization you are empowered to change it. Everyone is supportive and eager to help anytime. You are going to have all the resources to develop your professional skills (conference budget, free books, internal training, etc). By the way, we have been building chemistry and biology related products since 1998 with clients from the top 10 pharmaceutical companies.
- Acquiring and developing relationships with new customers and maintaining and broadening the relationship with existing customers. Develop and close new business opportunities identified via a solutions selling and relationship management approach
- Listen to and discuss with customers and prospects their workflows and their needs and propose solutions that enable them to fulfil their objectives whilst bring new opportunities to ChemAxon
- Coordinate and prepare meetings and demonstrations. Attend regional and international trade shows related to the territory
- Successfully close the sales of software & services; respond to formal tenders and drive successful contract negotiations
- Provide business and sales forecasts and consistently exceed quarterly and annual sales targets
- Maintain the company’s high standards in customer service and business ethics
- Participate in a team of enthusiastic colleagues who work to form a total solution for the customer needs
- Scientific background (chemistry or biology)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, Principal Investigators, Directors, and similar executive levels
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- US citizenship or working permit
- Willingness to travel (mostly in US)
- Knowledge of SalesForce or other CRM tools
- Willingness to learn new industry domains (chemistry, cheminformatics, bioinformatics)
- Familiarity with software sales (SaaS and product based)
- 401(k) plan
- 3 weeks vacation
- Centrally located modern office environment
- Generous health insurance plan
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company
- To be a part of a creative and progressive agile team
- Trainings, conferences
If you would like to know more about the way we work, check out our Culture Guide here.
How to apply
Please send your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org