Account Manager (West Coast, USA)
San Diego, USA
ChemAxon is a leading cheminformatics software company whose products and solutions have been supporting early stage drug discovery and other areas of chemistry research for over the last 20 years. Our client base includes many top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions.
Our company is small and agile, presenting the unique opportunity for frequent collaboration and cross training with teammates and stakeholders. You will be joining our innovative Sales group that operates internationally, with regional teams based in San Diego, Boston, Budapest (Hungary), and Basel (Switzerland), along with distributors in Asia Pacific. We are in an exciting time of business growth and now is the perfect time to join our team!
About this opportunity:
We are looking for a talented Account Manager to represent the West Coast territory of the US. This opportunity is perfect for motivated and creative individuals with experience selling end-user software solutions in the life science/chemistry research markets.
As an Account Manager at ChemAxon, you will sell our impressive software offerings using your keen ability to understand and translate customer needs. You have a demonstrable track record of building long term relationships with your clients, as well as achieving individual and team level sales targets. And most importantly you possess the expertise and skills needed to secure new customers as well as build up existing relationships through cross and deep selling.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Generating new sales opportunities within territory and collaborating with members of the business line team to ensure profitable growth.
- Developing new business (cross-selling) within existing clients.
- Proactively meeting with current and potential customers throughout the assigned territory on a regular basis to ensure superior customer satisfaction.
- Establishing long term business relationships with customers to ensure sustainable company growth.
- Identifying areas for improvement to meet individual and team level sales goals.
- Negotiating price and commercial terms for successful deal closing.
- Clearly communicating the progress of sales opportunities to your team and stakeholders.
- Ensuring the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Communicating client needs within the company.
- Attending regional and international conferences relating to your territory.
- Maintaining the company’s high standards in customer service and business ethics.
What you will bring to us:
- A bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of direct business to business sales experience with proven track record in the scientific software domain.
- Familiarity with drug discovery and research informatics.
- Experience managing complex deals through a 9-18 month sales cycle to deliver tailored solutions based on your customers' needs.
- Proven ability to manage multiple opportunities at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
- Superior negotiation and presentation skills.
- Eagerness to expand your knowledge through learning about our products and solutions.
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM tools.
- Commitment of traveling approximately 25% of the time to meet the needs of the business and of your customers.
What we will offer you:
- A competitive salary with generous health and dental insurance plans, as well as 401(K).
- A flexible working schedule.
- Four weeks of paid vacation time per year.
- 10 paid company holidays plus two floating holidays per year.
- A training program with a yearly professional development allowance.
- For your health and safety, the ability to work remotely until it is reasonably safe to work in our San Diego office.
- Exposure to industry leading life sciences corporations.
- The opportunity to be part of the creative and dynamic geographically dispersed team at our innovative company.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.