Advanced .NET (Core) software developer (Synergy Docs team)
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven company with 20 years of history. We are working with world-leading life science researchers, scientists from all around the globe. We provide a unique atmosphere and we take the work-life balance seriously.
Location: Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park in the fall of 2021.
About the position:
We are looking for an advanced .NET (Core) software developer. The Synergy Docs team is working on our ChemLocator product.
Your tasks will be:
- To develop web applications using innovative technologies
- To work with a heterogeneous technology stack
- To work on various parts of the development process at the same time (coding, testing, building, deployment)
- To maintain and continuously improve code quality
- To improve and maintain developer documentation and automated tests
- To develop and improve a .NET (Framework and Core) compliant interfaces and Web interfaces that provide chemistry functionality
- To perform software integration tasks with external and internal applications.
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us:
- At least BSc in computer science or related field
- Several years of experience in writing and/or designing .NET applications
- Understanding of software and data integration
- Knowledge of ASP.NET and C# programming skills
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS 3.0, ES5 and ES6
- REST API and JSON
- Experience with software development tools like Visual Studio
- Good problem solving and communication skills
- Advanced English skills (written and oral)
- Open minded for new approaches and technologies
- Knowledge of SQL (PostgreSQL experience appreciated)
Extras that we would appreciate:
- Experience in Java
- Experience in React and/or Angular 2+, using TypeScript
- Willingness to learn new technologies and new programming languages
- Amazon AWS and/or Azure knowledge
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of agile/Scrum/Kanban frameworks
- Interest in chemistry software and the drug discovery process
- Experience working with ElasticSearch
Experience and benefits we can offer you:
- Research projects using cutting edge technologies
- Competitive salary in an innovative company
- You can work from the ChemAxon office or you can choose fully remote work
- To be a part of a creative and progressive team
- Pleasant and homely atmosphere: leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, training packages, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs
- Team building events
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
- To work with global Top500 client companies
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.