Agile Team Coach (USA)
ChemAxon is an industry-leading cheminformatics software company whose solutions have been foundational to early stage drug discovery and chemistry research for over 20 years. Our client list includes top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions. We are agile, innovative, and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration among our talented employees, partners, and customers.
Our company presents unique opportunities for frequent collaboration and cross-training with teammates and stakeholders. You will be joining our US Sales team that has team members based in Boston and San Diego, as well as remote team members scattered across the US. You will be working closely with colleagues at our company headquarters in Budapest to strengthen cross team collaboration and alignment with our other business line teams. We are in an exciting time of business growth and now is the perfect time to join our team!
About this opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced Agile Team Coach to serve our high-performing US Sales team. As an Agile Team Coach at ChemAxon, you will ensure that your assigned team accomplishes its business objectives in the most effective way considering team commitment. This opportunity is ideal for individuals with agile coaching experience in business line teams that are geographically dispersed.
As the Team Coach for the US Sales team, you are responsible for guiding the team through the implementation of frameworks and processes in order to ensure continuous improvement and building a learning environment. You understand where the team is in its journey and offer the right approach to support their growth. You are the guardian of the team’s health, and you support the individual team members in their personal career development with coaching tools. You will keep an eye on the organization as well, as you are responsible for transparency between the team and the organization and you are a catalyst for change.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating an environment where the team naturally delivers high-quality results.
- Setting a strong foundation for team collaboration.
- Driving the team to reduce idea-to-delivery/execution time.
- Providing assistance and support for team members to develop new skills and stretching boundaries.
- Supporting the team in strengthening end-to-end ownership of service.
- Creating a safe environment for healthy conflict and meaningful collaboration.
- Promoting a results-oriented mindset in the team.
- Tracking and supporting removing impediments.
- Supporting change management both on individual and team levels.
- Acting as a catalyst for continuous improvement.
- Bridging the gap between the team and the organization in terms of operational alignment.
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us:
- At least 3 years experience as an Agile Team Coach, preferably in the sales organization of a software company.
- Has a deep understanding of agile and lean values, principles, and practices.
- Active listener and uses effective questioning techniques.
- Uses direct and non-violent communication that reflects partnering relationships.
- Able to intervene when an individual or team behavior does not serve the benefit/goal of the team or organization.
- Knowledgeable about facilitation and mediation techniques and uses them in practice.
- Uses the appropriate communication approach according to the situation, context, and team maturity.
- Able to motivate and inspire people.
Skills that will help you hit the ground running:
- Flexible: willing to change or compromise, think about problems and tasks in creative ways, even in case of stressors or unexpected events.
- Taking initiative: able to act first, start an action, including coming up with a proposal, experiments with new ideas.
- Experience acting as a catalyst in a global organization.
What we will offer you:
- A competitive salary with a generous benefits package.
- Flexible working hours with the option of working remotely part time.
- Four weeks of paid vacation time per calendar year.
- 10 paid company holidays plus two personal holidays per calendar year.
- A training program with a yearly professional development allowance.
- The opportunity to be part of a creative and dynamic geographically dispersed team at our innovative company.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.