Application Scientist (East Coast)
ChemAxon is an industry-leading cheminformatics software company whose solutions have been foundational to early stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our client list includes top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions. We are agile, innovative, and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration among our talented employees and customers.
Our company presents unique opportunities for frequent collaboration and cross-training with teammates and stakeholders. You will be joining our Sales group that operates internationally, with regional teams based in Boston, San Diego, Budapest (Hungary), and Basel (Switzerland), along with distributors in Asia Pacific. We are in an exciting time of business growth and now is the perfect time to join our team!
About this opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Application Scientist to assist our North American customers, who are concentrated in the Boston, San Diego and San Francisco Bay areas. This opportunity is ideal for individuals with informatics experience in the chemical and biological domains.
Application Scientists at ChemAxon bridge the gap between end user, Sales and development, analyzing customer needs to determine the optimum tools for achieving customer workflows as part of a consultative sales process. While our products are used by many industries, a key business focus is Drug Discovery and Life Science; thus knowledge of these sectors will be beneficial.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical and scientific demonstrations and support to clients and the sales staff.
- Representing the company at scientific conferences and trade shows.
- Conducting application studies using the company’s software products.
- Translating between the users, Sales and software development teams.
- Visiting clients with the Sales team.
- Developing and delivering training and workshops.
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us:
- At least 5 years industry experience in cheminformatics.
- A MS or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Cheminformatics, or related science field.
- Ability to conduct studies independently.
- Experience using cheminformatics software solutions.
- Experience with databases (RDBMS).
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Skills that will help you hit the ground running:
- Experience using scripting languages or workflow tools.
- Knowledge of basic Machine Learning practices.
- Experience with data analytics tools.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies and solutions.
What we will offer you:
- A competitive salary with generous health/dental insurance and 401(K) match.
- Flexible working hours with the option of working remotely.
- Four weeks of paid vacation time per year.
- 10 paid company holidays plus two floating holidays per year.
- A training program with a yearly professional development allowance.
- Exposure and collaboration with sophisticated leading pharmaceutical drug discovery environments.
- The opportunity to be part of a creative and dynamic geographically dispersed team at our innovative company.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check our these videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.