Backend or Full-stack Developer (Professional Services Team)
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven cheminformatics company. We provide a variety of software and applications for demanding users mostly from the pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
Location: Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park in the fall of 2021.
About the position:
- Our team delivers state-of-the-art solutions tailored to the needs of researchers and scientists in drug discovery.
- You will work in an agile software team where work is fun and learning new things is an everyday activity.
- The team is project-oriented, you will be able to join multiple projects while working with the same awesome people.
- You will have direct contact to our customers to have short and user feedback-driven development cycles.
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us:
- 3+ years of Java programming
- Solid knowledge of modern Java coding patterns and frameworks (OO, IOC, Spring, ORM, SOA, REST, TDD)
- Ability to understand complex systems
- Experience in building scalable enterprise solutions
- Good command of English (written, good spoken is a plus)
- SQL knowledge, experience with Oracle or PostgreSQL database
- Background in science (e.g. chemistry, biology, biochemistry)
- AWS knowledge
- Spring experience
- Oracle and/or Postgres DBA knowledge
- Experience with Jenkins, Gradle and other build systems
- Experience with Docker
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company
- You can work from the ChemAxon office or you can choose fully remote work
- Work in collaboration with open and creative professionals
- Leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, training packages, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs
- Creating cutting edge technology in cheminformatics
- Working with agile methodologies
- Ability to work with global Top500 client companies
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.