ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven company working with world-leading life science researchers to progress the value and utility of chemistry information. We provide a unique and transparent environment in which you can consider and create the best possible technical solutions for demanding users.
Location: Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park in the fall of 2021.
As part of the Data-Driven Company strategy - together with the BI team this position is about building up and maintaining a BI and visualization architecture that satisfies the report and dashboard needs of the C-level plus the Global Sales, Finance, Marketing and Product related teams.
- Ownership and understanding the BI architecture
- Taking part in Building the new BI architecture
- Transforming and continuously improving the existing Dashboards and Reports
- Seeking the optimal solutions to the emerging new reporting needs
- Acting as point of contact for Reporting related topics.
- Proactively coming up with innovative and simplification ideas
- Making fair documentation of the Developed Solutions and Changes
- Working together with external consultant partners
- Training users and driving adoption of the modern BI toolkits
- Driving transactional system users to reach a higher level of Data Quality
- User management of the BI architecture
- Occasionally providing support to the Sales and Finance teams with Salesforce
- Min 2 years of experience in the BI / Reporting field
- Solid SQL knowledge (MS SQL / MySQL / Oracle SQL)
- Experience with Dynamic / Automated dashboards and reports
- Basic understanding of Database Normalization, Star and Snowflake Schemas
- Solid Excel Knowledge (incl. functions, pivoting and Macros without Macro Recorder)
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Proactivity and can-do attitude
- Enthusiasm for creating new solutions, business processes and best practices
- Experience in Agile environments (SCRUM / Kanban, PO / PM role)
- Experience with PowerBI / Tableau / Spotfire / Qlik
- Experience in Data Warehouse / Data Mart building
- Experience with ERP Systems (preferably MS, SAP)
- Process modelling experience (e.g. MS Visio)
- Experience with Salesforce (preferably Sales Cloud)
- Object-oriented programming experience is nice to have
Experience and benefits we can offer to you:
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company
- You can work from the ChemAxon office or you can choose fully remote work
- Being a part of a creative and progressive team
- Pleasant atmosphere: leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children
- Training packages, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
- Creating cutting edge technology in cheminformatics
- Working with agile (Scrum/Kanban/XP) methodologies
- Ability to work with global Top500 client companies
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.