Business Analyst (Biologics)
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven software company. We provide software solutions, toolkits and web applications for users in the chemical education, pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
About the position:
The Business Analyst (BA) is responsible for supporting the Product Manager and team(s) with sufficient insights, data-driven overview and details on domain and market-related topics during product development. You will participate in user research as well. You need to support the PM in decision making with market and domain-related data, help in interpreting and documenting customer needs and validation results, and sharing those with the team and the other stakeholders.
The pandemic is changing the global dynamics of business, we adapted flexibly. Our BAs are trusted experts and represent ChemAxon at multiple events. Currently, this is all virtual but as an estimate, you can calculate with up to 10% of your work as travelling to clients and visiting conferences abroad in the future.
Your responsibilities within the team:
- Performing market research, competitor analysis and helping our customer research in conducting client surveys, user interviews to support data-driven decisions
- Keeping domain related and market insights up-to-date so the development team, our sales and marketing department are aware of new opportunities and trends
- Contributing to pre-sales activities
- Travelling to scientific conferences and representing ChemAxon as a trusted cheminformatics partner
- Client communication about domain-related topics, new requirements, supporting early adopters
- Supporting the Product Manager and the development team in making value-driven decisions, assessing risks and bridging gaps in our approach
- Assisting the Product Manager in validating insights and gathering data from client interactions, and the product development team in backlog refinement
- Contributing to the product development with information evaluation, requirement specification, documentation and testing of the solution increments
Skills and knowledge you should bring to us:
- BA/BSc or MSc degree in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, biochemical engineering/bioengineering or a similar field
- At least 2 years of industrial experience in biopharmaceutical research and discovery (e.g. basic science, antibody discovery, protein engineering, cell line development, recombinant protein expression and purification, biomolecule identification and characterization)
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Collaborative and cooperative, service-oriented personality
- Assertive communication skills across various forms and channels
- Ability to quickly understand and clearly communicate complex scientific concepts
- Analytical skills to synthesize, create valuable insights from various data sources
- Willingness to learn continuously and acquire new skills also outside of your current expertise
We would appreciate:
- Knowledge in Bioinformatics or Biostatistics
- Prior experience as a Business Analyst or Consultant for software products preferably in a SaaS software company
- Working experience according to Test-Driven Development and Domain Driven Design principles
- Knowledge of Lean UX design patterns and front-end experience
Benefits we can offer to you:
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company
- To be a part of a dedicated, creative and supportive agile team (we use Scrum & Kanban)
- Trainings, conferences, technical mentoring and coaching which can support your personal development
- Pleasant atmosphere: leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs, innovation days and hackathons
- Ability to work with global Top500 client companies (R&D) and universities with science curriculum
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.