Business Analyst (Educational Software Group)
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven software company. We provide software solutions, toolkits and web applications for users in the chemical education, pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
About the product group:
The flagship product of our Educational Software Group is Zosimos, an online web application providing a new educational experience with built-in chemical intelligence for academic instructors, teachers, tutors and students. Our platform can help science professors save time by allowing them to create interactive chemistry quizzes for their classes and share content with other professionals. In order to enable exams and science curriculum, universities can integrate our product into their Moodle or other learning management systems.
About the position:
The Business Analyst (BA) is responsible for supporting the Product Manager and team(s) with sufficient insights, data-driven overview and details on domain and market related topics during product development. The BA participates in user research, supports the PM’s decision with market and domain related data, helps interpreting and documenting customer needs and validation results, supports the PM in sharing those with the team and the other stakeholders.
Your responsibilities within the team:
- Perform market research, competitor analysis and help our UX Research in conducting client surveys, user interviews to support data-driven decisions
- Keep insights about the domain and market up-to-date so that the development team, our sales and marketing department can be aware of new opportunities and trends
- Contribute to pre-sales activities
- Travel to scientific conferences and represent ChemAxon as a trusted cheminformatics partner
- Client communication about domain related topics, new requirements, support early adopters
- End-to-end involvement in the product development cycle
- Support the Product Manager and the development team in making value driven decisions, assessing risks and bridging gaps in our approach
- Assist the Product Manager in validating insights and gathering data from client interactions
- Contribute to the product development with information evaluation, requirement specification, documentation and testing of the solution increments
- Assist the Product Manager and the team in backlog refinement
Skills and knowledge you should bring to us:
- Academic degree in the field of chemistry or biochemistry
- Good command of English (written and verbal)
- Collaborative and cooperative, service-oriented personality
- Assertive communication skills across various forms and channels (knowledge sharing and demos, presentations, remote and on-site communication)
- Analytical skills to synthesize, create valuable insights from various data sources
- Willingness to learn continuously and acquire new skills also outside of his/her current expertise
We would appreciate experience with:
- Learning software solutions, platforms and/or a cloud-based application (SaaS)
- Teaching experience or familiarity with the organizational processes of higher educational institutions is a nice to have
- Familiarity with LTI standards, Moodle or other learning management systems or frameworks
- General knowledge of solutions used in the science education domain, chemistry research and the underlying technologies
- Adult education and corporate training with scientific industrial use can also be relevant for our portfolio.
- Lean UX design patterns and front-end experience
- Test Driven Development and Domain Driven Design principles
Benefits we can offer to you:
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company
- To be a part of a dedicated, creative and supportive agile team (we use scrum & kanban)
- Trainings, conferences, technical mentoring and coaching supporting your personal development
- Pleasant atmosphere: leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs, innovation days and hackathons
- Ability to work with global Top500 client companies (R&D) and universities with science curriculum
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested, please send your English CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below. The selection process takes place through several rounds in English, which can be done in video format.