Business Analyst (Virtual Libraries and Documents Team)
Location: Graphisoft Park, Budapest, Hungary
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven company working with world-leading life science researchers to progress the value and utility of chemistry information. We provide a unique and transparent environment, in which you can consider and implement the best possible solutions for demanding users.
About the position:
- Our team creates cutting-edge applications for handling virtual compound libraries to help researchers and scientists in drug discovery.
- We work in a small agile team without endless meetings.
- Developers are involved in the whole development process.
- We develop and maintain our own applications, we have no project works.
Your tasks will be:
- Help the Product Manager in the decision-making process
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to understand business and user needs
- Conduct interviews to gather, trace, manage and formalize software requirements
- Assist in defining milestones and managing of development timelines accordingly
- Follow market trends in project-relevant scientific software and help to identify novel product ideas
- Contribute your domain knowledge to new developments, improvements in our product portfolio
- Managing software evaluation campaigns / service (as part of a team)
- Create validation studies
- Answer technical user questions
- Maintain product documentation
- Create content for marketing materials
Experience, skills, and knowledge you should bring to us:
- MSc in chemistry or other closely related fields
- Strong IT skills
- Good problem solving and communication skills
- Team player attitude
- Excellent command of written and verbal English
- Strong ability to communicate and present ideas/concepts for technical and non-technical audiences
Extras that we would appreciate:
- Ph.D. or other intensive scientific research experience
- Experience in cheminformatics
- Good knowledge of chemical structure search, chemical drawing tools, and patent search
- Affinity for understanding complex scientific software packages
- Experience with chemical patents, German, Japanese and Chinese language at any level
Experience and benefits we can offer you:
- Competitive salary in an innovative company
- To be a part of a young, creative and progressive team
- Pleasant and homely atmosphere: leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, training packages, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
- Continuous learning opportunities by certified and non-certified education programs
- Creating cutting edge technology in cheminformatics
- Working with agile (Scrum/Kanban/XP) methodologies
- Ability to work with global Top500 client companies
- Ability to work from home 6 days a month
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.