Chemistry Content Specialist (Part time, Contract based)
ChemAxon is an industry leading cheminformatics software company whose solutions have been foundational to early stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our vast client list includes top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions. We are agile, innovative, and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration among our talented colleagues and customers.
About this position
ChemAxon is looking for a Chemistry Content Specialist with a background in organic chemistry higher education.
What will be your key responsibilities:
This is a part-time contractor position (covering total 150 hours, one day/week for four months) at ChemAxon as a chemistry content specialist in our educational software portfolio. The purpose of this role is to assist our product development team by creating organic chemistry quizzes in Zosimos, our educational software solution, with accompanying lesson plans. Zosimos is an online practicing and assessment system for college and university chemistry.
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated, solid background in organic chemistry for higher education, preferably teaching experience. We expect the candidate to virtually collaborate with the team building this online application in order to provide academic customers with ready-to-use quality content as part of their digital learning experience. This position will contribute to many projects targeted towards content creation and include developing organic chemistry quiz exercises in Zosimos.
What experience should you have:
- Organic chemistry teaching or content developer experience
- Ability to write, review and edit exercises and lesson plans for both teachers and students, respectively
- Digital assessment authoring experience
- Strong problem-solving skills, proactive and has attention to details
- Experience in working with remote groups or classes and familiarity with online collaboration tools (for instance Slack or Google Meet)
- Good communication skills and service mindset, openness to give and get frequent feedback
- Strong proofreading and writing skills in US English
- Strong technology skills, including LMS applications and chemistry drawing tools
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, demonstrating ownership and ensuring clarity of requirements
Experience and Professional Certifications:
- Experience in pedagogy and/or digital learning techniques
- Solid knowledge of university-level Chemistry (MS or higher in chemistry education preferred).
We would appreciate experience with:
- General chemistry or biochemistry teaching or content developer experience
- Scientific publications and research or co-research for conference papers
How to apply?
If you are interested in this EU contractor position (total 150 hours with a flexible schedule), please submit your cover letter, CV and, if possible, references or links to your available publications. If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos: