Compliance Manager (Part-Time) (USA)
ChemAxon is a leading cheminformatics software company whose products and solutions have been supporting early stage drug discovery and other areas of chemistry research for over the last 20 years. Our client base includes many top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions.
Our company is small and agile, presenting the unique opportunity for frequent collaboration and cross training with teammates and stakeholders. You will be joining the Legal and Compliance team, which plays an integral part in our business operations through providing support regarding all aspects of the legal and compliance domains. We are in an exciting time of business growth and now is the perfect time to join our team!
About this opportunity:
We are looking for a talented Compliance Manager to represent the legal and compliance domains for our US business operations. This opportunity is perfect for motivated and detailed-oriented individuals with extensive experience working in this domain in the software industry.
As a Compliance Manager at ChemAxon, you will perform a diverse range of duties including evaluating all current and new compliance regulations, reviewing company processes, and regularly collaborating with internal stakeholders. You are a result-driven legal professional who ensures your company adheres to the utmost legal standards as well as internal policies and procedures. And most importantly you are an exceptional communicator, with in-depth knowledge of the latest industry procedures and regulations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implement and manage an effective legal compliance program.
- Provide legal support to the company's Sales group
- Draft, review and modify all legal documents for our US operations.
- Work with internal stakeholders to prepare contracts for execution.
- Resolve employee concerns about legal compliance.
- Maintain system and process for tracking version control of documents, next steps and owners of contract deliverables.
- Partner with stakeholders for final review and sign off of all legal documents.
- Track and manage contract review/work-in-progress using SalesForce.
- Manage contractual commitments (including reporting requirements) for key third party partnership agreements.
- Monitor changes to US federal and applicable state level government guidelines or regulations.
- Actively interact with the Legal and Compliance Team and assist with regulatory compliance initiatives.
- Ensure employees are educated on the latest federal and state level regulations and processes.
- Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk.
What you will bring to us:
- 5+ years experience working in a paralegal capacity in the software industry.
- At least an Associate degree in a related discipline.
- Experience working with software sales documents.
- Affinity to work in other fields of compliance, such as intellectual property/data protection, security, information security, quality management and granting.
- Intense focus on process rigor and attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A collaborative team player capable of building trust with stakeholders.
- Experience working with colleagues across multiple time zones.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM tools.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
What we will offer you:
- A competitive hourly rate.
- Negotiable working hours.
- For your health and safety, the ability to work remotely until it is reasonably safe to work in our office.
- The opportunity to be part of the creative and dynamic geographically dispersed team at our innovative company.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.