Chemaxon is an open and friendly science-driven company working with world-leading life science researchers to progress the value and utility of chemistry information. We provide a unique and transparent environment in which you can consider and create the best possible technical solutions for demanding users.
Location: Budapest, Váci Greens Office Park
- Managing 1-2 development teams depending on experience level.
- People management of the developers and support engineers in the team including performance management and mentoring duties.
- Operational efficiency and effectiveness of teams.
- Ensuring the timely delivery of their products in good quality.
- Ensuring the production operation of their products.
- Developing and maintaining the team's culture (including development culture).
- Coordinating and collaboration with other teams and departments.
- Short-term planning of the operation and resource needs of their teams.
- Contributing to department planning.
- Collaborating with product management to translate company strategy and department goals to the team level.
Required skills and experience:
- At least two years of experience in leading software engineering teams.
- Ability to see the big picture - someone who has tackled difficult engineering problems together with a team.
- Understanding business - ideally you have been working in environments where they expected engineers/managers to understand your users/businesses and with that, you have strategic thinking about delivering products.
- Good operational/execution skills.
- Good understanding of software development process, working knowledge of development practices and principles - ideally you have worked as an individual contributor which helped you to understand the SW engineering practices.
- Understanding of agile, ability to work iteratively - we believe in servant-leadership management style empowering others in your team
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills - you have been great at managing peers and stakeholders in your organizations
- Good role model (champion of Chemaxon culture) - we strongly believe in our culture and we expect you to represent these values through your operations.
Further experience that might be beneficial:
- Hands-on software engineering experience.
- AWS and SaaS knowledge.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company
- Hybrid-way of working (8 days/month home office + remote work contribution)
- Private health insurance
- An inspiring working environment (entertainment area, kid’s corner and a fully equipped kitchen)
- Annual training budget for off-site training and ebooks
- Possibility to sign up for “All you can move” membership
- Ability to work with global Top500 client companies
For some info on Chemaxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.