Experienced Java Developer (Biologics Team)
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven software company. We provide a variety of software solutions, toolkits and web applications for users in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
About the position:
We are looking for a highly skilled Java developer who has experience in application development with Spring & RESTful API design (related to SaaS and/or backend solutions). As a member of an agile team, you will participate in the development and maintenance of enterprise applications used by top pharmaceutical companies. You will be involved in the end-to-end process of software product- and solutions development.
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us:
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Sciences or related field, or equivalent experience
- Systems thinking, ability to understand complex OO systems and make clean decomposed design
- Experience with databases, relational databases (such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, and NoSQL database experience is a nice to have)
- Clean code, attention to code quality
- Good command of English (both written and oral)
We would appreciate experience with:
- Developing a cloud-based application (software as a service product)
- Continuous integration and deployment with refactoring (architectural sustainability, DevOps)
- Bioinformatics knowledge and hands-on experience especially with sequence similarity/alignment or automated sequence annotation would be a plus
Benefits we can offer to you:
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company
- To be a part of a dedicated, creative and supportive agile team (we use scrum & kanban)
- Trainings, conferences, technical mentoring and coaching supporting your personal development
- Pleasant atmosphere: leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs, innovation days and hackathons
- Creating cutting edge technology in chem- and bioinformatics contributing to drug discovery also
- Ability to work with global Top500 client companies
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.