Experienced Java Developer (Calculators team)
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven company working with world-leading life science researchers to progress the value and utility of chemistry information. We provide a unique and transparent environment, in which you can consider and implement the best possible solutions for demanding users.
Location: Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park at the beginning of 2022.
About the position:
- Our team delivers state-of-the-art solutions to predict properties, cluster and analyse small molecules and collections to support various chemistry-related workflows (drug design, laboratory experiment design, compound library analysis)
- The team develops and explores various data modeling approaches including classical and machine learning techniques
- Developers are involved in the whole development process and have balanced activities between code maintenance and “green-field” projects
- You will be involved in achitecture-realted decision making
- Short and user feedback driven development cycles
- Use and develop cloud (AWS) services
Are you someone who:
- Has 3+ years of experience?
- Manages the entire software lifecycle?
- Writes high-quality, maintainable Java code for business critical applications?
- Enjoys solving algorithmic challenges?
- Has an interest to learn more about the science we are involved?
- Is familiar with developing applications for cloud?
- Has experience with API design?
- Speaks English?
If yes, your key responsibilities will be:
- Developing cutting-edge products related to cheminformatics for life-science users (mainly pharmaceutical R&D)
- Delivering SaaS solutions on AWS infrastructure (microservices, serverless AWS lambda)
- Developing performant code for new algorithms
- Maintaining the high-value code base
- Eliminating and refactoring legacy code
We appreciate if you have:
- Natural sciences (mainly chemistry) background
- Machine learning, AI, data mining experience
- Experience with GitLab, Gradle, Jenkins
- Infrastructure as a code experience (for example AWS CDK, Terraform)
Benefits we offer
- A competitive salary
- You can work from the ChemAxon office or you can choose fully remote work
- An inspiring working environment (entertainment area, kid’s corner and a fully equipped kitchen) situated in Budapest’s greenest innovation park
- A training program with a generous yearly allowance for personal development
- The opportunity to be part of a creative, dynamic team in an innovative company
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.