Experienced Java Back-end Developer (Compound Registration)
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science driven scientific software company. We provide a variety of software and applications for demanding users mostly from the pharmaceutical and biotech industry and we are looking for Experienced Java Back-end Developer to join our team.
Compound Registration is a system built upon a set of web services, aiding users in decision making, with respect to the uniqueness of new small molecules - And in comparison to those already stored in the database. The decisions are made according to the configurable corporate business logic. The system includes a database (the registry) designed to store the relevant structural and accompanying information. The compounds go through normalization, validation and quality check steps before registration, and in case any issues can't be fixed automatically, they fall into a staging area. Upon successful registration, the compound can be stored in a three-level hierarchy.
Provide a cloud compatible registration platform for small molecule registration.
Our technology stack
- Java 11 with Java 8 compatibility
- Spring latest
- Git with Gerrit (a gatekeeper tool)
- IntelliJ IDEA or Eclipse
- Tomcat / Jetty
- CI in Jenkins2 pipeline scripts
- Databases with JDBC: Oracle, MySQL
- Frontend: AngularJS 1.x latest
- Docker and WAR releases
- AWS - Fargate, ECS, SQS, RDS
About the position:
- We are looking for a highly skilled Java developer who has experience on a legacy code base.
- You will participate in the development and maintenance of enterprise applications used by top pharmaceutical companies.
- You will be involved in the whole process of software development including hosting.
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us:
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Sciences or related field, or equivalent experience
- Java programming skills
- Systems thinking, ability to understand complex OO systems and make clean decomposed design
- Experience with databases, backend development and/or with web applications
- Experience in techniques eliminating legacy code
- Experience in refactoring
- Understanding design patterns
- Good command of English
We would appreciate experience with
- Common web frameworks, databases and security (Spring, Oracle, MySQL)
- Developing a cloud based application
- Continuous integration and deployment
Benefits we can offer to you:
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company
- To be a part of a young, creative and progressive agile team
- Trainings, conferences
- Pleasant atmosphere: leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs
- Creating cutting edge technology in cheminformatics
- Working with agile (Scrum/Kanban/XP) methodologies
- Ability to work with global Top500 client companies
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.