Experienced Java Developer (JChem Base team)
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven company working with world-leading life science researchers to progress the value and utility of chemistry information. We provide a unique and transparent environment in which you can consider and create the best possible technical solutions for demanding users.
Location: Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park at the beginning of 2022.
About the position:
- You will work in an agile software team where work is fun and learning new things is an everyday activity
- You will be involved in the whole process of software development
- The team develops a search engine for chemical molecules. This engine is used via a PostgreSQL/Oracle plugin and via web services. We also design distributed solutions that run on Amazon RDS and use our engine. We support our older Oracle cartridge and Java engine, as well.
- This position involves on-call duty.
- We are also developing libraries for other applications
- We try to solve problems with core Java tools to keep the libraries dependencies at a minimum
- Our codes are alive, used and maintained for a long time
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us:
- 3+ years of Java programming
- Solid knowledge of OO principles
- Ability to understand complex systems
- Experience in building scalable enterprise solutions
- Ability to design Java APIs
- Good command of English (written, good spoken is a plus)
- SQL knowledge, experience with Oracle or PostgreSQL database
- AWS knowledge is highly appreciated
- PL/SQL knowledge/experience
- Oracle and/or Postgres DBA knowledge
- Enterprise Java technologies
- Experience in refactoring
- Experience with Jenkins, Gradle and build systems
Experience and benefits we can offer you:
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company
- You can work from the ChemAxon office or you can choose fully remote work
- Work in collaboration with open and creative professionals
- Leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, training packages, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs
- Creating cutting edge technology in cheminformatics
- Working with agile (currently Scrum) methodologies
- Ability to work with global Top500 client companies
- Ability to work from home 6 days a month
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.