Chemaxon is an industry-leading cheminformatics software company whose solutions have been foundational to early-stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our client list includes top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions.
We are agile, innovative, and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration and cross-training with teammates and stakeholders.
We operate internationally, with regional teams based in Budapest (HQ), Prague, Boston, San Diego and Basel (Switzerland), along with distributors in the Asia Pacific. We are in an exciting time of organizational and business growth, so now is the perfect time to join our team!
About the team
Chemaxon’s Finance team is a constantly growing global organization unit. We are responsible for accounting, consolidating, and controlling the financials of the Hungarian Headquarter and the Swiss, Czech and US legal entities. The Junior Financial Controller will be part of this team and will have end-to-end visibility of the company’s operations. There will be plenty of opportunities to implement new processes and improve the currently existing controls.
About your responsibilities
Master data management activities. (Maintaining the Cost center-, profit center- and project code masters etc.)
Taking part in the monthly financial closing and reporting cycles. (Accrual calculation, monitoring of any potential adjustment need for the month)
Preparing the Actual vs. Budget reports for departmental budget holders. Provide decision support for business partners through value-add analysis, thorough understanding of movements on accounts
Continuously monitor the respective P&L and/or BS accounts for any inconsistencies. Inform the Chief Accounting Officer and the Senior Financial Controller in case of any issues identified
Managing and coordinating the data collection exercise for the annual budget submission process
Working closely with the Senior Financial Controller in developing and operating the cost allocation process
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us
BA or MA degree in Finance / Accounting
Minimum 3 years of experience in Financial Reporting, and/or Financial Controlling
Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge is a must
Proficiency in English
Microsoft Business Central (BC, formerly known as Navision)
What we offer
- Hybrid-way of working (8 days/month home office)
- Private health insurance (Medicover)
- Generous annual training budget supporting your professional development (off-site training, international conferences, e-books)
- We work with global Top500 companies (R&D) and leading academic institutions, giving you a chance to gain insights into these dynamically evolving industries.
- Inspiring working environment - leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs, innovation days
- You will be a valued member of a creative and supportive agile team
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
Location: Budapest, Váci Greens Office Park
For some info on Chemaxon, you can check out these videos:
How to apply?
If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.