ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven software company. We provide a variety of software products to users in the field of chemistry and biochemistry for 23 years. Our vision is to be our clients’ scientific partner to build a sustainable future through innovating best-in-class software solutions for chemistry and biology.
Location: Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park at the beginning of 2022.
About this opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced professional in the field of Financial Controlling to take a key role in establishing and shaping ChemAxon’s Finance Agenda.
Your job as a Financial Controller will be to participate in introducing a brand new financial reporting and controlling framework along with a new ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central) and BI platform (Microsoft PowerBI).
In addition to this, you will be acting as a Finance business partner and help the key stakeholders of other teams (such as Product and Business organizations) to understand their financials and assist them in finance activities such as financial planning and assist the Finance team during regular in-year and year-end closing activities.
- Participate in implementation of a new financial controlling framework at ChemAxon.
- Assist the Finance team in implementing a new ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central).
- Build and maintain financial reports using self-service BI tooling (PowerBI).
- Act as and assist the CFO as a finance business partner to support the organization in financial matters.
- Assist the Chief Accountant and the Finance team during in-year and year-end closing (e.g. preparing accrual and prepayment calculations, maintaining Fixed Asset Register etc.) and financial consolidation.
- Create and maintain cost center master data and Activity Based Costing allocation model.
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc financial analysis with relevant narrative commentaries.
- Coordinate and prepare financial planning regularly.
- Participate in evaluation of business cases (e.g. during funding decision process).
Desired skills and experience:
- 5+ years’ proven experience as a Financial Controller and/or Business Partner.
- Relevant BSc or MSc degree in Economics / Finance & Accounting.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills in English and Hungarian.
- Ability to work with non-finance professionals.
- Experience in working with senior management.
- Reliable, prudent and professional mindset with solution-oriented approach.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to details.
- Familiarity with industry best practices and professional standards.
- Business acumen.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (formerly known as Navision).
- Experience with BI tools (especially PowerBI).
- Experience in IT (especially in software development) or pharma industry.
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. ACCA, CIMA).
Benefits we can offer to you:
- Competitive salary & benefits package in a growing and continuously improving innovative company.
- A modern office environment with ergonomic workstations.
- The opportunity to learn & develop with an annual training budget.
- Flexible working hours with partial home office opportunity.
- Opportunity to utilize your English skills.
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic geographically dispersed team.
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.