Frontend Developer (Compound Registration team)
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science driven scientific software company. We provide a variety of software and applications for demanding users mostly from the pharmaceutical and biotech industry and we are looking for Front-end Developer to join our team.
Location: Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park in the fall of 2021.
About the product:
Compound Registration is a system built upon a set of web services, helping users in decision making, with respect to the uniqueness of new small molecules and in comparison to those already stored in the database. The decisions are made according to the configurable corporate business logic. The system includes a database (the registry) designed to store the relevant structural and accompanying information. The compounds go through normalization, validation and quality check steps before registration, and in case any issues can't be fixed automatically, they fall into a staging area. Upon successful registration, the compound can be stored in a three-level hierarchy.
To learn more about the product check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YHnHC210o0&feature=youtu.be/
Our mission: Provide a cloud compatible registration platform for small molecule registration.
About the position:
- You will be responsible for UI development & maintenance for a product used by top pharmaceutical companies on a daily basis.
- You will have full authority over the code, with support of backend developers with UI first approach.
- Domain logic is very close to science, not only CRUD operations should be solved during your day to day work.
- You will have the ability to work with the newest technologies, replace the legacy with new solutions, producing a thin client.
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us:
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Sciences or related field, or equivalent experience
- Angular and REACT
- Familiar with the build tools
- Modular and component-based approach
- Systems thinking
- API design
- Good teamplayer
- Good command of English (both written and spoken, we use it on a daily basis)
We would appreciate experience with:
- Basic knowledge in science (e.g. chemistry, biology, biochemistry)
- Experience with transition from AngularJS to REACT
- NPM, Webpack, Jest, Axios
- Infrastructure: AWS, Terraform, Docker, Gradle, Jenkins2, Git
- Backend: Spring latest, Java 11
- Current Front-end: AngularJS 1.6.3
- DB: MySQL, Oracle
Benefits we can offer to you:
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company
- You can work from the ChemAxon office or you can choose fully remote work
- To be a part of a young, creative and progressive agile team
- Trainings, conferences
- Pleasant atmosphere: leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs
- Creating cutting edge technology in cheminformatics
- Working with agile (Scrum/Kanban/XP) methodologies
- Ability to work with global Top500 client companies
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.