Frontend Developer (MarvinPro)
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven company working with world-leading life science researchers to progress the value and utility of chemistry information. We provide a unique and transparent environment in which you can consider and create the best possible technical solutions for demanding users.
Location: Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park at the beginning of 2022.
About the product:
For chemists around the world, Marvin means the top software they would pick to draw, edit, or visualize a molecule. Hundreds of thousands of users rely on its chemical intelligence in more than 130 countries. Now, we discover and implement the next generation of chemical editors. Redesign the way of drawing, the user experience, and product architecture.
About the position:
As a developer, you will:
- work on Chemaxon’s new chemical editor product
- cooperate daily with business stakeholders and UX experts
- be involved in the complete process of product development:
- design new features, interactions
- choose technology solution, architecture
- implement, refactor and test components
Experience, skills, and knowledge you should bring to us:
- BSc or higher degree in programming or related field
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, web application architecture, SOLID principles
- Typescript / front-end knowledge
- Desire for Clean Code
- Good command of English (written and verbal)
Extras that we would appreciate:
- Practice in TDD and automated UI testing
- Experience with webpack
- Source control management (git)
- Continuous integration (Jenkins)
- Cloud/Docker/AWS experience
- Agile methodologies
- Chemistry knowledge
Experience and benefits we can offer to you:
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company
- You can work from the ChemAxon office or you can choose remote work
- Being a part of a creative and progressive team
- Pleasant atmosphere: leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children
- Training packages, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
- Creating cutting edge technology in cheminformatics
- Working with agile (Scrum/Kanban/XP) methodologies
- Ability to work with global Top500 client companies
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still open for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.