Information Security Officer
ChemAxon is a science-driven chem- and bioinformatics company. We provide a variety of software solutions worldwide for companies and end-users mostly from the pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
Location: Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park at the beginning of 2022.
About this opportunity
We are looking for an experienced information security officer to design and enforce policies and procedures that protect our organization's computing infrastructure and products from all forms of security breaches. You will be responsible for identifying vulnerabilities and working with our IT department, SRE and product development teams to resolve them, ensuring that our network and data remain secure.
To be successful as an information security officer, you should have expert analytical skills and in-depth knowledge of best practices to prevent a wide range of security threats. Top candidates will also be excellent communicators, able to train and educate our staff in various information security topics.
- Identifying vulnerabilities in our current network.
- Collaborating with management, SRE, product teams and the IT department to improve security.
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive plan to secure our computing network.
- Developing and implementing incident management processes to handle security breaches and discovered vulnerabilities.
- Ensuring compliance with security policies.
- Keeping up to date with developments in IT security standards and threats.
- Performing penetration tests to find any flaws.
- Documenting any security breaches and assessing their damage.
- Educating colleagues about security software and best practices for information security.
- Promoting DevSecOps culture within the organization
- Degree in computer science or a technology-related field.
- Professional information security certification.
- Experience in an information security role.
- Solid knowledge of various information security frameworks.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to educate a non-technical audience about various security measures.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits we offer
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company.
- An inspiring working environment (entertainment area, kid’s corner and a fully equipped kitchen).
- Ability to work with global Top500 client companies.
- flexible 8 days/month Home Office
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
- A training program with a generous yearly allowance for personal development
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.