Inside Sales Representative (USA)
Boston or San Diego, USA
ChemAxon is a leading cheminformatics software company whose products and solutions have been supporting early-stage drug discovery and other areas of chemistry research for over 20 years. Our client base includes many top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading government and academic organizations.
Our company is small and agile, presenting a unique opportunity for frequent collaboration and cross-training with teammates and stakeholders. You will be joining our innovative Sales group that operates internationally, with regional teams based in San Diego, Boston, Budapest (Hungary), and Basel (Switzerland), along with distributors in the Asia Pacific region. We are in an exciting period of business growth and now is the perfect time to join our team!
About this opportunity:
We are looking for an Inside Sales Representative for either the US East Coast or West Coast territory. You will aid in selling our impressive software offerings using your keen ability to understand and translate customer needs. Working closely with our Account Managers and Applications Scientists, you will help support ChemAxon’s North America sales goals and revenue growth. This position is perfect for motivated and creative individuals who are looking to start a career in scientific software sales or transition from the lab to business opportunities and are looking to grow professionally at ChemAxon.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with Account Managers, manage incoming leads from new and existing customers.
- Following up on customer requests.
- Working closely with the Sales Team, overseeing customer expectations during the evaluation process.
- Assisting in the management of assigned small and medium-sized accounts.
- Coordinating and facilitating customer success check-ins.
- Actively participating in prospecting campaigns.
What you will bring to us:
- A bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, preferably in Chemistry.
- Experience or a strong interest in regularly interacting with customers.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Eagerness to expand your knowledge of enterprise software sales processes.
- A commitment to travel approximately 10% of the time to meet the needs of the business and our customers.
Experience and skills that will help you hit the ground running:
- Familiarity with cheminformatics software.
- Experience using CRM software.
What we will offer you:
- A competitive salary with a generous benefits package.
- A flexible working schedule.
- Four weeks of paid vacation time per year.
- 10 paid company holidays plus two floating holidays per year.
- A yearly professional development allowance.
- Exposure and collaboration with sophisticated leading pharmaceutical drug discovery environments.
- The opportunity to be part of a creative and dynamic geographically dispersed team at our innovative company.