IT Business Partner
ChemAxon is a science-driven chem- and bioinformatics company. We provide a variety of software solutions for companies and end-users mostly from the pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
In this role you don’t deal with technical tasks nor people management, but you make sure that your teams work on tasks that the business really demands. The IT and SRE teams consist of 5-5 people of system engineers/administrators and one team coach.
Location: Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park at the beginning of 2022.
- Make the IT and SRE teams’ visions and OKRs transparent, aligned with the company and stakeholders’ visions and OKRs, that are motivating and well communicated internally to these teams and externally to the organization.
- Identify and connect business requirements and improvement opportunities with the IT and SRE roadmaps.
- Competent in creating and managing his teams’ backlog:
- Order backlog items to align with company and stakeholder objectives,
- Clearly express the backlog items’ business value,
- Ensure that the backlog is transparent and easy to understand.
- Make infrastructure costs and SLA performance transparent to the company.
- Educate the organization about IT and SRE solutions and their impact on the business.
- Find the right balance between being available for his teams and stakeholders.
- His/her work is transparent and he/she shares information.
- Continuously compare IT and SRE capacity with market and company needs and indicate changes if necessary.
Required skills and experience
- Relevant experience in a leadership role of IT or cloud infrastructure teams.
- Experience in working in a service operations organization and knowledgeable about the concept of Service Level Agreements.
- Understands the relations of his/her teams and the business (stakeholders such as product, marketing, sales, consultancy, finance and legal), and is able to identify and manage business requirements.
- Is committed to work in a team, takes responsibility as a whole.
- Keeps users in focus, has a strong service mindset.
- Communicates in a clear and polite way.
- Has an excellent command of English (written and spoken).
Extras we appreciate
- Experience in information security related domains.
- Experience in continuous integration and delivery.
- Competent with various data tools (e.g. Google Analytics, SQL).
Key tools and technologies IT and SRE use
Amazon Web Services, Terraform, Ansible, Mongo Atlas, Puppet, web services, reverse proxy, encryption, backup, monitoring, git, virtualization, LXD, Docker, heterogeneous environments, ISO 27000, ZFS, Ubuntu, OpenVPN, G Suite.
Benefits we offer
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company.
- An inspiring working environment (entertainment area, kid’s corner and a fully equipped kitchen).
- Annual training budget for off-site training and ebooks.
- Possibility to sign up for “All you can move” membership.
- Ability to work with global Top500 client companies.
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.