IT and SRE Platform Manager
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven cheminformatics company. We provide a variety of software and applications for demanding users mostly from the pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
Location: Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park in the fall of 2021.
- Make the IT and SRE teams’ vision and OKRs transparent, aligned with the company vision and OKRs, that are motivating and well communicated internally and externally, and aligned with stakeholders.
- Finds the right balance between being available for his teams and stakeholders.
- Competent in creating and managing his teams’ backlog:
- Ordering backlog items aligning with quarterly OKRs,
- Clearly expressing backlog items to his teams and stakeholders,
- Ensuring that the backlog is transparent to his teams and stakeholders.
- His work is transparent and shares information.
- Makes IT and cloud hosting costs and SLA performance transparent to the company.
- Provides insight on IT and SRE solutions to the company.
- Continuously compares IT and SRE capacity with market and company needs and indicates changes if necessary.
Required skills and experience
- Experienced and knowledgeable about the IT domain.
- Experienced and knowledgeable about the cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) technologies and solutions.
- Experienced in working in a service operations organization and knowledgeable about the concept of Service Level Agreements.
- Understands the relations of his teams and their stakeholders (marketing, sales, consultancy, finance and legal), and manages their concerns and expectations.
- Commitment to work in a team, take responsibility as a whole.
- Keeps users in focus, has a strong service mindset.
- Communicates in a clear and polite way.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
Extras we appreciate
- Experience in information security related domains.
- Experience in continuous integration and delivery.
- Competent with various data tools (e.g. Google Analytics, SQL).
Key tools and technologies we use
Amazon Web Services, Terraform, Ansible, Mongo Atlas, Puppet, web services, reverse proxy, encryption, backup, monitoring, git, virtualization, LXD, Docker, heterogeneous environments, ISO 27000, ZFS, Ubuntu, OpenVPN, G Suite.
Benefits we offer
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company.
- You can work from the ChemAxon office or you can choose fully remote wor
- An inspiring working environment (entertainment area, kid’s corner and a fully equipped kitchen) situated in Budapest’s greenest innovation park.
- Annual training budget for off-site training and ebooks.
- Possibility to sign up for “All you can move” membership.
- Ability to work with global Top500 client companies.
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.