IT and SRE Technician (Level 1)
Chemaxon is an industry-leading cheminformatics software company whose solutions have been foundational to early-stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our client list includes top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions. We are agile, innovative, and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration among our talented employees and customers.
About this opportunity:
The IT and SRE Technician plays a key role in problem-solving; providing valuable support for people in Chemaxon. He/she strengthens the collaboration between development and IT operations being in close connection with the IT and SRE teams.
- Support all company employees and technology including but not limited to software, hardware, AV equipment, computers, and mobile devices.
- Manage daily ticket queues and tasks while following standard operational procedures.
- Manage and deploy hardware, accessories and software for users and teams.
- Provision/deprovision users and manage their permissions in various systems.
- Assist with employee onboarding and offboarding tasks.
- Manage and deploy computer and service upgrades.
- Complete basic repairs on defective equipment or manage their warranty service.
- Carry out basic procurement activities of ordering computers, peripherals, mobile devices, software licenses, etc.
- Register and maintain financial assets in an asset inventory through their lifecycle.
- Collaborate with IT and SRE teams to improve the support experience of Chemaxon employees.
- Collaborate with Finance or Procurement in case of ordering, selling, donating, etc. devices.
- Collaborate with Office Management in order to keep the office’s IT equipment running.
Required skills and experience:
- Fresh graduates or students with active studies are welcome to apply.
- Ability to follow written documentation.
- Ability to understand and gather information on technical issues.
- Ability to solve technical issues or make a call on escalation.
- Familiarity with desktop or server administration tasks (Windows, macOS, Linux).
- Familiarity with using ticketing systems.
- Great communication skills.
- Good command of English and Hungarian
Further experience that might be beneficial:
- Experience with Unix/Shell scripting.
- Experience with programming languages.
- Experience with relational databases or NoSQL.
- Experience in authentication/authorization.
- Experience in managing ticketing systems.
Benefits we offer
- Competitive salary in an innovative company.
- To be a part of a young, creative and progressive team.
- Pleasant and homely atmosphere: leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children.
- Yearly training budget supporting your professional development.
- Yearly user conference with social programs.
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment.
- Continuous learning opportunities.
For some info on Chemaxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.