IT Business Partner
Chemaxon is a science-driven chem- and bioinformatics company. We provide a variety of software solutions for companies and end-users mostly from the pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
The IT Business Partner directly reports to the Department director and responsible for representing the company’s business needs to the IT and Cloud Engineering teams. In this role, you lead by influence and you focus on maximizing the value your teams deliver to meet business and compliance needs. These teams consist of 5-5 people of engineers and system administrators and one shared team coach.
Location: Budapest, Hungary with remote work possibility
- Make the IT and Cloud Engineering teams’ visions and quarterly objectives transparent, and aligned with the company’s and stakeholders’ visions and objectives. These shall be motivating and well communicated internally to these teams and externally to the whole organization.
- Identify and connect business and compliance requirements and improvement opportunities to the IT and Cloud Engineering goals and roadmaps.
- To be competent in creating and refining your teams’ backlog:
- Order backlog items to best align with company and stakeholder objectives,
- Clearly express the backlog items’ value and impact,
- Ensure that the backlog is transparent and easy to understand.
- Make infrastructure costs and your team’s SLA performance transparent to the company.
- Coordinate and communicate the design and implementation of IT and Cloud projects impacting the whole organization.
- Educate the organization about IT and Cloud solutions and their impact on the business.
- Find the right balance between being available for his teams and stakeholders.
- Your work is transparent and you share information.
- Continuously compare your team’s capacity with market and company needs and indicate changes if necessary.
Required skills and experience:
- Relevant experience in a leadership role (product owner, team lead, IT project manager, etc.) of IT or cloud infrastructure teams.
- Experience in working in a service operations organization and knowledgeable about the concept of Service Level Agreements.
- To understand the relations of your teams to the business (stakeholders such as product, marketing, sales, consultancy, finance and legal), and is able to identify and manage business requirements.
- To be committed to work in a team, take responsibility as a whole.
- Keep users and stakeholders in focus, have a strong service mindset.
- Communicate in a clear and polite way.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
Further experience that might be beneficial
- Information security and Compliance frameworks (ISO, ITIL, SOC2, etc.)
- Continuous integration and delivery.
- Reporting and analytics (Google Analytics, SQL, etc.)
Benefits we offer
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company.
- An inspiring working environment (entertainment area, kid’s corner and a fully equipped kitchen).
- Annual training budget for off-site training and ebooks.
- Possibility to sign up for “All you can move” membership.
- Ability to work with global Top500 client companies.
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.