Software Engineer (Data team)
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven company with 20 years of history. We are working with world-leading life science researchers, scientists from all around the globe. We provide a unique atmosphere and we take the work-life balance seriously.
Location: Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park at the beginning of 2022.
About this opportunity:
We are looking for a highly skilled software developer who will participate in the development and maintenance of enterprise applications used by top pharmaceutical companies. You will be involved in the whole process of software development including hosting.
Our technology stack:
- Java 11 with Java 8 compatibility, .NET Core, NodeJS
- CI in Jenkins2 pipeline scripts
- Databases with JDBC: MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Frontend: React, Redux, Typescript
- Docker and WAR releases
- AWS - , ECS, SQS, RDS, Lambda, etc.
- Gitlab CI/CD
- Execute full software development life cycle
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Investigate problem areas
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us:
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Experience designing enterprise applications
- Experience with test-driven development
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Good knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Good command of English (written and verbal)
Extras that we would appreciate:
- AWS - ECS, SQS, RDS or other AWS services (like IAM, Kinesis, EMR, etc.)
- Gitlab CI/CD
- NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch, MongoDB)
- Front-end development experience
Experience and benefits we can offer you:
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company
- You will be a valued member of a creative and supportive agile team (we use Sscrum & Kkanban)
- Trainings, conferences, technical mentoring and coaching supporting your personal development
- Pleasant atmosphere: leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs, innovation days and hackathons
- ChemAxon works with global Top500 client companies (R&D) and universities with science curriculum, therefore you will gain insights about these dynamically evolving industries.
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.