Java Developer (Marvin team)
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven company working with world-leading life science researchers to progress the value and utility of chemistry information. We provide a unique and transparent environment in which you can consider and create the best possible technical solutions for demanding users.
Location: Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park in the fall of 2021.
About the product:
For chemists around the world, the Marvin product family means the top software they would pick to draw, edit or visualize a molecule. Hundreds of thousands of users rely on their chemical intelligence in more than 130 countries. Marvin can handle all types of different chemical file formats at import or export. It helps convert chemical names into structures and vice versa; it predicts or calculates the most important characteristics of a molecule, and it is also equipped with a chemical spell checker to draw a correct structure.
About the position:
As a Java developer, you will
- work on ChemAxon’s chemical editor product family
- be involved in the complete process of development: design, implementation, refactor and test of components written in Java
- provide technical support for clients
- have the opportunity to take part in new developments
Experience, skills, and knowledge you should bring to us:
- 2+ years of work experience in software development
- System thinking, ability to understand complex OO systems and make a clean, decomposed design.
- Java SE and Java Swing programming skills
- Good command of English (written and verbal)
Extras that we would appreciate:
- Practice in TDD and automated UI testing
- Experience with build systems (Gradle)
- Source control management (git)
- Continuous integration (Jenkins)
- Installers (Install4J, Advanced Installer)
- Agile methodologies
- Chemistry knowledge
Experience and benefits we can offer to you:
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company
- You can work from the ChemAxon office or you can choose fully remote work
- Being a part of a creative and progressive team
- Pleasant atmosphere: leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children
- Training packages, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
- Creating cutting edge technology in cheminformatics
- Working with agile (Scrum/Kanban/XP) methodologies
- Ability to work with global Top500 client companies
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.