Legal & Compliance Manager
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven software company. We provide a variety of software products to users in the field of chemistry and biochemistry for 23 years. Our vision is to be our clients’ scientific partner to build a sustainable future through innovating best-in-class software solutions for chemistry and biology.
Location: Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park in the fall of 2021.
About this opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced professional in the field of Legal & Compliance to lead the function and support the organization on both operational and strategic levels. Your job as a Legal & Compliance Manager on the operational level will be to guarantee that our business processes and transactions follow all the relevant internal and external rules and regulations (including laws, agreements, policies and other guidelines) and to provide support to our Management, Product, Business, HR, Office Management and Finance teams in legal & compliance matters.
As ChemAxon set a very ambitious strategic goal to grow, you will also play a key role in enabling the organization to achieve them by improving and developing a Legal & Compliance framework for a company which is about to grow in its size in the next couple of years.
- Professional leadership of our Legal & Compliance Team (3 employees including you)
- Align the Team’s operational activities and long term goals with ChemAxon’s strategy
- Implement and manage an effective legal & compliance program with a heavy risk management focus
- Provide guidance and support in all aspects of legal & compliance matters to other teams in the organization (e.g. Sales with commercial contracts)
- Develop a framework for internal policies and control procedures
- Review and maintain company policies and procedures
- Evaluate, advise on and enforce the company’s compliance with external laws and regulations
- Proactively partner with and act as a point of contact for both internal and external legal & compliance stakeholders
- Draft, review, modify and negotiate on legal documents and instruments
- Maintain an up-to-date set of templates of legal documents and instruments (e.g. contracts, agreements)
- Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit findings
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes
- Assist with regulatory compliance initiatives including security and professional standards e.g.: ISO.
- Safeguard company assets, intellectual properties, data and information
Desired skills and experience:
- 8+ years’ proven experience as a legal and compliance professional
- Degree in Law
- Sound knowledge of legal requirements and procedures
- Reliable, prudent and professional mindset with solution-oriented approach
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills in English and Hungarian
- Highly analytical with strong attention to details
- Familiarity with industry best practices and professional standards
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Leadership experience with caring attitude and integrity with an assertive, humble and responsible mindset
- Experience in working with senior management
- Business acumen
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Experience in business and innovation management or a related field such as intellectual property or data protection, security, information security, quality management, and granting
- Software development or life sciences related industry experience
- Familiarity with SalesForce or other CRM tools
Benefits we can offer to you:
- Competitive salary & benefits package in a growing and continuously improving innovative company
- A modern office environment with ergonomic workstations
- The opportunity to learn & develop with an annual training budget
- Flexible working hours with partial home office opportunity
- Opportunity to utilize your English skills
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic geographically dispersed team
- Currently our headquarters is located at Graphisoft Park, however we will move to the Váci Greens Office Park at the end of this year
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.