Chemaxon is an open and friendly science-driven software company. We have been providing a variety of software products to users in the field of chemistry and biotech industry for more than 20 years. Our client base includes many top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions. Our agile and recently extensively growing company presents the unique opportunity for frequent collaboration and cross training with teammates and stakeholders.
Location: Váci Greens Office Park, Budapest, Hungary
About this position:
We are looking for a motivated legal professional to support legal aspects of our business processes and transactions and deal with relevant legal requirements, external and internal agreements, and legislations. You will be joining Chemaxon’s Legal Team, which plays an integral part in our business operations through managing the entire legal domain at Chemaxon.
This opportunity is perfect for motivated and detail-oriented individuals working in the legal domain of the IT/software industry and corporate legal matters. The ideal candidate would be a result-driven legal professional, a highly analytical, and an exceptional communicator who possesses in-depth knowledge of the latest industry procedures, legislations and regulations. Your goal will be to ensure that Chemaxon adheres to the utmost legal standards and operates in a legal and ethical manner while meeting its business objectives.
Your tasks will be:
- Draft, review, modify and negotiate agreements and other legal documents to ensure and maintain Chemaxon’s rights and interests with special focus on licensing agreements.
- Provide guidance in all aspects of legal support.
- Implement and manage an effective legal compliance program.
- Manage corporate legal issues.
- Assist in protecting Chemaxon's IP assets.
- Advise on data protection (GDPR and local laws) and contribute to guides on data protection policies.
- Coordinate external legal advisors.
- Provide legal advice related to licensing of technology (e.g. third-party components and open source licensing).
- Develop, review and maintain company policies and procedures in the legal domain.
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes.
- Advise on specific legal issues and provide legal support and opinions to other teams.
- Work closely with team members, support each other’s work, share knowledge.
- Safeguard company assets, intellectual properties, data and information.
- Actively contribute to matters of the Legal Team.
Experience, skills, and knowledge we look for:
- Law Degree.
- Solid experience in international contracting, experience in IP/Licensing is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a legal advisor role.
- Proficient in written and spoken legal English and Hungarian.
- Solution and business oriented.
- Highly analytical with a proactive attitude.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
- A collaborative team player capable of building trust with stakeholders.
Benefits we can offer to you:
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously expanding company.
- Hybrid-way of working (8 days/month home office + remote work contribution).
- Private health insurance.
- Being a part of a creative and progressive team.
- Pleasant atmosphere: leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, flexible working hours, training packages, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs.
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work with Fortune 500 pharma companies.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check our these videos:
How to apply?
If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button.