Chemaxon is an industry-leading cheminformatics software company helping early-stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our clients are top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions.
We are agile, innovative and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration and cross-training with teammates and stakeholders.
We operate internationally, with regional teams based in Budapest (HQ), Prague, Boston, San Diego and Basel (Switzerland), along with distributors in the Asia Pacific. We are in an exciting time of organizational and business growth, so now is the perfect time to join our team!
About the team
Chemaxon products require a marketing organization that can serve as a strategic partner to ensure that high speed growth can be achieved.
The Marketing Director role is accountable for providing continuous marketing (including marketing communication) and branding support to the business by leading and managing a team of marketing specialists. With marketing activities, we can attract, get to know, and understand our current and potential customers to make sure our state of the art software gets to the people who can make the most out of them.
About your responsibilities
- Oversee campaigns globally (US, EU, Asia) and visiting industry events at least 1-2 times a year.
- Achieve objectives through effective planning, operationalizing marketing goals, analyzing data on past performance and projecting future performance.
- Oversee and handle the workload, utilization and professional development of the marketing team (8-10 people).
- Work with CMO to set measurable OKRs that are aligned with stakeholders’ and company OKRs.
- Support company and product strategy by overseeing the creation of successful marketing campaigns and advising the team on best practices and methodologies.
- Developing strategies and tactics to boost the company’s reputation and drive qualified leads.
- Oversee and advise the team on a wide range of marketing topics, such as organic and paid channels, content creation, event management, social media, lead generation campaigns, nurture campaigns and analysis performance analysis and measures impact.
- Understand and support a content marketing strategy.
- Analyze customer behavior and adjust marketing campaigns accordingly.
- Work with the CMO to create a yearly marketing budget and work with finance to track spend on a quarterly and annual basis
- Drives process improvements and standardization initiatives to ensure objectives are met.
- Makes sure that the marketing team works cross-functionally with other teams. e.g: they collaborate with sales to generate new lead sources
- Guards the consistent image and appearance of Chemaxon and its products on communication channels.
- Handles escalations and aims to resolve them when possible and further escalate them when necessary
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us
- Experience in leading, motivating and managing the performance of team members from different areas (like copywriters, designers, campaign managers, event managers, marketing automation specialists etc.)
- Broad marketing domain knowledge
- Good understanding of modern marketing technologies
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online and offline marketing.
- Confident in working with data, metrics and figures.
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Experience in managing/overseeing campaigns (segmentation, differentiation, persona definition, USPs, channels, content creation, nurturing, sales handover)
- Experience in B2B environment
- Strong English skills
Experience in SaaS
Experience working in a scale-up environment
Experience working with Salesforce (Sales Cloud and Marketing Cloud) or/and Hubspot
Experience using Jira for work management
Experimented with ABM
What we offer
- Hybrid-way of working (8 days/month home office)
- Private health insurance (Medicover)
- Generous annual training budget supporting your professional development (off-site training, international conferences, e-books)
- We work with global Top500 companies (R&D) and leading academic institutions, giving you a chance to gain insights into these dynamically evolving industries.
- Inspiring working environment - leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs, innovation days
- You will be a valued member of a creative and supportive agile team
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
Location: Budapest, Váci Greens Office Park
For some info on Chemaxon, you can check out these videos:
How to apply?
If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button.