Medior Full-stack Developer for Web Applications
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven software company. We provide a variety of software solutions, toolkits and web applications for users in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, and education.
About the product group:
The flagship product of our Educational Software Group is Zosimos, an online web application providing a new educational experience with built in chemical intelligence for academic instructors, teachers, tutors and students. Our platform can help science professors save time by allowing them to create interactive chemistry quizzes for their classes and share content with other professionals. In order to enable exams and science curriculum, universities can integrate our product into their Moodle or other learning management systems. Adult education and corporate training with scientific industrial use is also relevant for our portfolio.
About the position:
- We are looking for a medior software engineer who would join our cross-functional agile team.
- You will work on the full stack of the application, which involves Cloud hosting on AWS, Node.js/ExpressJS on the backend, React/Redux on the front-end, MongoDB for database.
- We are looking for a medior developer who is motivated to learn and ideally has experience with architectural design improvements (microservice architecture, AWS lambda), application development (SaaS, CI/CD, cloud), and enjoys mentoring, pair programming and technical feasibility discussions.
- You will be involved in the end-to-end process of software product- and solutions development including operations.
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us:
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Sciences or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with databases, preferably NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Systems thinking, ability to understand complex systems and make clean decomposed design
- Clean code, attention to code quality, understanding design patterns and architectural sustainability
- Good command of English (written and verbal)
We would appreciate experience with:
- Continuous integration and deployment (GitLab)
- Cloud computing (AWS)
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Familiarity with learning management systems or softwares (e.g. LTI standards, Moodle)
Benefits we can offer to you:
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company
- You will be a valued member of a creative and supportive agile team (we use scrum & kanban)
- Trainings, conferences, technical mentoring and coaching supporting your personal development
- Pleasant atmosphere: leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs, innovation days and hackathons
- ChemAxon works with global Top500 client companies (R&D) and universities with science curriculum, therefore you will gain insights about these dynamically evolving industries.
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.