Medior Software Developer for Web Applications MarvinPro
Váci Greens Office Park, Budapest or anywhere in Hungary
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven company working with world-leading life science researchers to progress the value and utility of chemistry information. We provide a unique and transparent environment in which you can consider and create the best possible technical solutions for demanding users.
About the product:
For chemists around the world, Marvin means the top software they would pick to draw, edit or visualize a molecule. Hundreds of thousands of users rely on its chemical intelligence in more than 130 countries. Now, we discover and implement the next generation of chemical editors. Redesign the way of drawing, the user experience, and product architecture.
About the position:
We are looking for a medior software engineer who would join our cross-functional agile team. You will have the opportunity to design new features, interactions and choose the best technology and architecture. You will be welcome to bring your ideas to the table and help us create a world class product. You will be involved in the end-to-end process of software product and solutions development including operations.
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us:
- BSc or higher degree in programming or related field
- 3+ years developer experience
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design, web application architecture, SOLID principles
- Clean code, attention to code quality, understanding design patterns and architectural sustainability
- Good command of English (written and verbal)
Extras that we would appreciate:
- Practice in BDD and automated UI testing
- Experience with webpack
- Source control management (git)
- Continuous integration and deployment (Jenkins, Gitlab)
- Virtualization and cloud experience: Docker, AWS, S3 and Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
Experience and benefits we can offer:
- You can work from the ChemAxon office or remotely anywhere in Hungary
- Being a part of a creative and cross-functional agile team (scrum, kanban, XP methodologies)
- Pleasant atmosphere: leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company
- Training packages and a personal learning budget, English lessons
- Creating cutting edge technology in cheminformatics
- ChemAxon works with global Top500 client companies (R&D) and universities with science curriculum, therefore you will gain insights about these dynamically evolving industries
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still open for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "APPLY NOW" button below.