Project Manager (Greater Boston)
ChemAxon is an industry leading cheminformatics software company whose solutions have been foundational to early stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our vast client list includes top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions. We are agile, innovative, and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration among our talented employees and customers.
About this opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced project manager to join our Professional Services team to advance and execute our excellent project delivery for our customers. This will involve oversight of small and medium projects, and more importantly, driving of complex, larger scale projects involving multiple teams and stakeholders. This opportunity is perfect for someone who enjoys working in a dynamic customer facing service environment - involving sophisticated chemistry software mostly in AWS.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing project management duties for various professional service engagements from installation to large scale custom development.
- Being involved early on with ensuring that project charters and scope are established, resources are scheduled, budgets created and tracked.
- On larger projects, orchestrating our talented team for the successful delivery of projects to the satisfaction of our customers and organization.
- Driving resolution of project risks and blockers through direct communication with stakeholders or escalation.
- Helping improve operational efficiency on good project management practices.
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us:
- Experience with consulting oriented project management (2+ years).
- Skilled in project management duties (project charters, estimation facilitation, resource scheduling, risk management, deliverable tracking, progress reporting).
- Motivated and passionate about customer satisfaction.
- Sufficient understanding of software development, technology, and cloud platforms to be able to collaborate with teams.
- Helpful to have some background in cheminformatics and drug discovery, preferably in the pharma or biotech field.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills across various media.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Willingness to travel.
What we will offer you:
- A competitive salary with generous health and dental insurance plans, as well as a 401(K) plan.
- Flexible working hours.
- Four weeks of paid vacation time per year.
- 10 paid company holidays plus two floating holidays per year.
- A training program with a yearly professional development allowance.
- Exposure and collaboration with sophisticated leading pharmaceutical drug discovery environments.
- The opportunity to be part of a creative and dynamic geographically dispersed team at our innovative company.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.