Budapest or Basel
ChemAxon is an industry leading cheminformatics software company whose solutions have been foundational to early stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our vast client list includes top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions. We are agile, innovative, and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration among our talented employees and customers.
About this opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced project manager to join our Professional Services team to advance and execute our excellent project delivery for our customers. This will involve oversight of small and medium projects, and more importantly, driving of complex, larger scale projects involving multiple teams and stakeholders. This opportunity is perfect for someone who enjoys working in a dynamic customer facing service environment involving sophisticated chemistry software in the cloud.
Location: Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park at the beginning of 2022.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering customer projects on time, budget, and quality.
- Performing project management duties from pre-sales through deployment on small installations and large scale custom development, to the satisfaction of our customers and organization.
- Facilitating client meetings, resolving or escalating client/project blockers, communicating expectations and progress to customers.
- Being involved early on with ensuring that project charters and scope are established, resources are secured, budgets created and tracked.
- Manage and communicate project budgets and actuals.
- Driving resolution of project risks and blockers through direct communication with stakeholders or escalation.
- Helping improve operational efficiency on good project management practices.
- Mentor, support, and monitor team members on managing smaller projects or complex tasks.
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us:
- Skilled in project management duties (i.e. project charters, estimation facilitation, resource scheduling, risk management, deliverable tracking, budgeting tracking, change management, progress reporting).
- 3+ years experience with small, fast moving consulting oriented project management which requires a dynamic approach.
- Motivated and passionate about customer satisfaction.
- Sufficient understanding of software development, technology, and cloud platforms to be able to collaborate with teams.
- Experience with Agile projects.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills across various media.
- Curiosity and desire to learn new skills.
- Preferred to have some background in biotech or similar domain.
- Willingness to travel. Annual travel to US, and 3-4 European client visits a quarter.
- Fluent in English.
What we will offer you:
- Competitive salary.
- The opportunity to be part of a creative and dynamic geographically dispersed team at our innovative company.
- Exposure and collaboration with sophisticated leading pharmaceutical drug discovery environments.
- Partial working from home is available.
- A training program with a yearly allowance for personal development.
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.