Experienced Application Scientist (EU)
ChemAxon is a chemical and biological software development company providing solutions for mainly the pharmaceutical industry, with a major focus on scientific applications in preclinical drug discovery. Our applications are also widely used by researchers in the flavours and fragrances, petroleum, and fine chemicals industries as well as in academic research, publishing and online education. We use Agile (Scrum, Kanban and XP) methodologies to create cutting-edge tools for scientific informatics.
Location: Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park at the beginning of 2022.
Your tasks will include:
- Providing technical and scientific expertise to clients and the sales staff
- Facilitating and designing integrated solutions for big clients
- Creating and delivering technical presentations and software demonstrations
- Representing the company during client visits, at scientific conferences and trade shows
- Developing and delivering trainings and workshops
- Conducting application studies using the company’s software products
- Occasional project management
- Up to 20% travel required
Experience, skills and knowledge we look for:
- Master’s degree in any life science discipline with strong chemistry background
- Relevant experience in cheminformatics
- At least 3 years of industrial experience in drug discovery or a related field
- Excellent English language skills (both written and spoken)
- Good communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to conduct studies independently
- PhD in a relevant field (cheminformatics, bioinformatics or chemistry)
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Experience with databases (RDBMS)
Benefits we offer:
- A competitive salary
- You can work from the ChemAxon office or you can choose fully remote work
- An inspiring working environment (entertainment area, kid’s corner and a fully equipped kitchen) situated in Budapest’s greenest innovation park
- A training program with a generous yearly allowance for personal development
- The opportunity to be part of a creative, dynamic team in an innovative company
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.