Senior Business Development Manager - Academia & Publishers
Chemaxon is a leading cheminformatics software company whose products and solutions have been supporting early-stage drug discovery and other areas of chemistry research for over the last 20 years. Our client base includes many top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions.
Our company is small and agile, presenting the unique opportunity for frequent collaboration and cross-training with teammates and stakeholders. You will be joining our innovative Sales group that operates internationally, with regional teams based in San Diego, Boston, Budapest (Hungary), and Basel (Switzerland), along with distributors in the Asia Pacific. We are in an exciting time of business growth and now is the perfect time to join our team!
About this opportunity:
We are looking for a talented Senior Business Development Manager to represent us in the Americas territory. This opportunity is perfect for motivated and creative individuals with experience selling end-user software solutions through expanding business into the academia and publishing markets.
As a Senior Business Development Manager at Chemaxon, will drive and lead key go-to-market initiatives to help drive the adoption of Chemaxon products and services within the academic sector as well as related industries, including publishers. You have a demonstrable track record of building long-term relationships with your clients, as well as achieving individual and team-level sales targets. And most importantly, you possess the expertise and skills needed to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Researching, planning, and implementing new target market initiatives.
- Researching prospective accounts in academia and other target markets.
- Analyzing market trends, customer requirements, and competitive strategies, and finding opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product positioning and differentiation.
- Identifying and building relationships with a network of key stakeholders and decision-makers in target organizations in order to ensure Chemaxon’s presence and brand awareness in target markets.
- Driving outbound prospecting activities.
- Developing customized outreach marketing to target personas.
- Creating and documenting user success stories.
- Working in tandem with Sales and Marketing teams to create attendance strategies at trade shows and tech talks, as well as following up on the qualification of leads collected at these events.
- Developing existing accounts and developing new businesses and new customers in the target industries in North America.
- Building, maintaining, and implementing a territory plan.
- Proactively instigating new discussions within accounts and strategic prospects to enable Chemaxon to discover and understand customer goals and challenges relevant to opportunities for Chemaxon.
- Working with multi-functional teams on sales campaigns, advising, and working with technical pre-sales and consulting to achieve desired outcomes.
What you will bring to us:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, or life science-related field.
- At least 5 years of experience selling in the academic and/or publishing sectors, with a demonstrated track record of hitting target quotas.
- Experience selling either software or consulting/professional services into the relevant market space within the relevant industries.
- Ability to build business relationships and sell products to publishers that serve the academic and publishing markets.
- Knowledgeable of selling into the academic research (Life Sciences) market, non-profit research organizations, and NIH/HHS-funded research organizations.
- Networking skills and the ability to engage with the targeted audiences.
- Ability to listen and carefully map customers' problems & buying motivations of the customers.
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical benefits into business benefits and return on investment; confident in engaging with customer contacts on multiple levels in order to gain vital support for discretionary investments.
- Familiarity with grant and educational research funding processes.
- An appreciation of the processes typically employed in the relevant market.
- Knowledge of CRM systems and LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Familiarity with grants with academic institutions, or helping organizations write grant proposals for pharmaceutical research.
What we will offer you: * A competitive salary with a generous benefits package. * A flexible working schedule. * Four weeks of paid vacation time per year. * 10 paid company holidays plus two personal holidays per year. * A training program with a yearly professional development allowance. * Exposure and collaboration with sophisticated leading pharmaceutical drug discovery environments. * The opportunity to be part of a creative and dynamic geographically dispersed team at our innovative company.
For some info on Chemaxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.