Senior Consultant (Professional Services Team)
Budapest, or Basel
ChemAxon is an industry leading cheminformatics software company whose on premise and cloud solutions have been foundational to early stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our vast client list includes top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions. We are agile, innovative, and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration among our talented employees and customers.
About this opportunity:
We are looking for a technical application and software expert to join our Professional Services team as a customer facing consultant; to craft and build, with customers, account managers, business development, engineering, and product teams solid, flexible and resilient solutions that address customer business problems. This opportunity is perfect for someone who can use their technical, application, scripting, and collaboration skills to evangelize and deliver solutions using ChemAxon’s wide array of technologies. You should be passionate, knowledgeable and customer focused.
Your tasks will include:
- Collaborate with Sales to support winning of consulting opportunities
- Scope and estimate solutions for customers
- Perform requirements/design activities for customers
- Install, configure, test, train, deploy solutions with customers
- Design and code customized solutions using various scripting/programming languages
- Customer management: from front-end planning to long-term supervision
- Integrating with third-party vendors and/or in-house systems
- Data migration and other database activities (analysis, cleanup)
- Developing and delivering technical training and workshops
- Partner with customers to provide software and consulting solutions for chemistry and biology problems
Experience, skills and knowledge:
- Background in cheminformatics and drug discovery, preferably in pharma or biotech field
- General knowledge of software and processes used in drug discovery, with academic research background preferred
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills across various media (knowledge sharing, presentations, remote and on-site communication).
- Experience and skills with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud) and relevant technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, virtualization)
- Programming and scripting experience (Java, Python, Groovy, node.js)
- Strong knowledge in database technology (Sql+NoSql, data warehouses+lakes+marts, ETL, AWS RDS)
- Experience with enterprise technology (API, messaging, clustering, networking, security)
- Willingness to learn new skills in SaaS product presentation, deployment and support
- Required to be within commuting distance to Budapest or Prague or Basel, to be able to work in or visit one of our offices when it's needed, willingness to visit our clients in the European region
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to be part of a creative, dynamic team in an innovative company
- Exposure and collaboration with sophisticated leading pharmaceutical drug discovery environments
- You can work from the ChemAxon office or you can choose fully remote work
- A training program with a yearly allowance for personal development
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.