Senior Java Developer
ChemAxon is a quickly growing, open and friendly science driven software company. We provide a variety of software solutions, toolkits and web applications for users in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, and education.
Location: Váci Greens Office Park, Budapest or you can work remotely in Hungary
About the position:
- We are looking for a highly skilled Java developer with 4+ years of experience to work on various projects at ChemAxon.
- You will have an opportunity to work with a wide range of technologies in a variety of areas, working with new and legacy code as well.
- You will be able to design a system using your knowledge in object oriented programming, data structures and algorithms, applying SOLID principles, TDD and design patterns.
- Good, clean, maintainable code is important for us.
- You will be involved in ideation, concept creation, where you will present your ideas using your communication & English skills as well.
- As a team member, you will become responsible for the team’s product, which means involvement in technical support for our clients.
- You will be responsible for delivering SaaS solutions on AWS infrastructure, therefore we value experience and knowledge in technologies like AWS, Terraform, Docker and Jenkins or GitLab CI.
- This job includes oncall duty. It’s split among all the developers in your team on a planned weekly basis which is foreseeable for a month. During the past 1 year we experienced that the number of the alerts is very low.
Experience, skills, and knowledge you should bring to us:
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Sciences or related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong Java knowledge
- Good general programming background (like OO design, TDD, design patterns, etc.)
- Affinity to DevOps
- Good command of English
- Good work ethic, productive, proactive behaviour
- Ability to work in a team and also to solve problems alone
- Willingness to work with a variety of technologies
- Willingness to learn continuously
We value if you have:
- Experience with Spring
- Experience with Docker, AWS, Terraform, Jenkins/GitLabCI
- Experience with Cloud / SaaS solutions
- Experience in DevSecOps
- Knowledge of Security principles
- SQL knowledge
- Experience in building front-end applications
Besides the wide range of technologies and unique projects listed above in this niche market segment we are offering you the following benefits:
- A competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company
- You can choose between working in a hybrid way from the ChemAxon office and home office (8 days/month), or you can choose long term fully remote work (+ remote work contribution)
- Private health insurance
- We respect your freetime, therefore we have core working hours (from 10 AM to 4PM) and you can schedule the remaining hours as it’s the best fit for you
- Our current office is an inspiring working environment, but the new office will be an awesome one, customized for our needs. We will definitely keep and expand the entertainment area, kid’s corner and a fully equipped kitchen with fruits and healthy snacks. Both offices are easily approachable by bicycle if you like starting the day with combining sports and commuting.
- We have a training budget with a generous yearly allowance for personal and professional development. Learning time is embedded in our daily work, we just can’t wait to join again various tech conferences/workshops around the world in person!
- Our teams are dedicated to build best in class products. We are a creative, dynamic, and innovative company. You will experience from your 1st day that we are eager to listen to your new ideas, we encourage you to share your knowledge and expertise. Besides work, we have regular company-wide team building events like Hacathons, Innovation Days, Coding Challenges or User Group meetings to enjoy the time spent together and celebrate our successes.
- As for a last, but important point: our hiring process is very simple, with only 2 rounds of interviews
Tired of repetitive tasks? Want to work on interesting problems?
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.