Senior Java Developer
ChemAxon is a quickly growing, open and friendly science driven software company. We provide a variety of software solutions, toolkits and web applications for users in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, and education.
Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park at the beginning of 2022.
About the position:
- We are looking for a highly skilled Java developer with 4+ years of experience to work on various projects at ChemAxon.
- You will have an opportunity to work with a wide range of technologies in a variety of areas, working with new and legacy code as well.
- You will be able to design a system using your knowledge in object oriented programming, data structures and algorithms, applying SOLID principles, TDD and design patterns.
- Good, clean, maintainable code is important for us.
- You will be involved in ideation, concept creation, where you will present your ideas using your communication & English skills as well.
- As a team member, you will become responsible for the team’s product, which means involvement in technical support for our clients.
- You will be responsible for delivering SaaS solutions on AWS infrastructure, therefore we value experience and knowledge in technologies like AWS, Terraform, Docker and Jenkins or GitLab CI.
- This job includes oncall duty.
Experience, skills, and knowledge you should bring to us:
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Sciences or related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong Java knowledge
- Good general programming background (like OO design, TDD, design patterns, etc.)
- Affinity to DevOps
- Good command of English
- Good work ethic, productive, proactive behaviour
- Ability to work in a team and also to solve problems alone
- Willingness to work with a variety of technologies
- Willingness to learn continuously
We value if you have:
- Experience with Spring
- Experience with Docker, AWS, Terraform, Jenkins/GitLabCI
- Experience with Cloud / SaaS solutions
- Experience in DevSecOps
- Knowledge of Security principles
- SQL knowledge
- Experience in building front-end applications
Benefits we offer:
- A competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company
- Ability to work from the ChemAxon office or you can choose fully remote work
- An inspiring working environment (entertainment area, kid’s corner and a fully equipped kitchen)
- A training program with a generous yearly allowance for personal development
- The opportunity to be part of a creative, dynamic team in an innovative company
- Ability to work with global Top500 client companies.
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still open for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.