Software Engineer (Design Hub)
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven company working with world-leading life science researchers to progress the value and utility of chemistry information. We provide a unique and transparent environment in which you can consider and create the best possible technical solutions for demanding users.
Location: Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park at the beginning of 2022.
About this position:
We are looking for a developer who will help us in developing our GROWing product even better.
About this product:
Design Hub helps the medicinal chemists’ daily life in designing, analyzing, & prioritizing their ideas while tracking their drug discovery process in a Kanban system. Our solution can run on-premise or in the cloud. We also provide full software as a service solution for many customers, we deploy, monitor, and maintain it in AWS using Terraform/Terragrunt and Pagerduty. The Team owns the whole product’s life cycle from user research, development, deployment, monitoring, and operations.
We are working in many areas - frontend, backend, AWS, DevOps... You can decide which area is most interesting for you. The codebase is still young, so not much legacy code and lots of greenfield work.
Our technology stack:
- Frontend: React, Redux (Angular)
- Backend: Node.js, Express.js, Knex.js
- Relational Databases (PostgreSQL)
- AWS - ECS, RDS, Lambda, ApiGateway, etc.
- CI in Jenkins2 pipeline scripts
- Gitlab CI/CD
- Writing clean code covered by tests
- Deploying code to AWS
- Supporting of production environments including 24x7 on-call rotations
- Staying up to date with software and industry trends and representing a willingness and capability to quickly learn new technologies required for accomplishing project goals
- Owning and driving improvements to our build and release scripts, tools, and processes
Experience, skills, and knowledge you should bring to us:
- 4+ years developer experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in design patterns, clean code principles, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Experience with RESTful API design and development
- Collaborative mindset, with solid written and verbal communication skills
Extras that we would appreciate:
- Critical thinking and involvement in new feature designs (from first sketches to the “pixel perfect” design)
- Creating UI with a good eye for improving user experience
- Knowledge of AWS - ECS, RDS, Lambda, or other AWS services
- Knowledge of Terraform/Terragrunt
- Knowledge of Gitlab CI/CD
Experience and benefits we can offer you:
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company
- You will be a valued member of a creative and supportive agile team (we use Scrum & Kanban)
- Trainings, conferences, technical mentoring, and coaching supporting your personal development
- Pleasant atmosphere: leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs, innovation days, and hackathons
- ChemAxon works with global Top500 client companies (R&D) and universities with science curriculum, therefore you will gain insights about these dynamically evolving industries.
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still open for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.