Solution Architect (West Coast)
San Diego or San Francisco, USA
ChemAxon is an industry leading cheminformatics software company whose solutions have been foundational to early stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our vast client list includes top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions. We are agile, innovative, and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration among our talented employees and customers.
About this opportunity
We are looking for a seasoned technologist to join our Professional Services team as a customer facing Solutions Architect; to craft and drive, with customers, account managers, business development, engineering, and product teams scalable, flexible and resilient solutions that address customer business problems. This opportunity is perfect for someone who can use their technical, architecture, leadership, collaborative skills, and enterprise knowledge to evangelize and deliver solutions using ChemAxon’s wide array of technologies. You are passionate, knowledgeable and customer focused.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical support to clients and the Sales staff during the presales stage of the customer lifecycle, including solution architecture advisory.
- Taking part in developing customer pipeline strategy, focusing on migration to ChemAxon’s backend, Compound Registration, and SaaS portfolio.
- Serving as a liaison between and within project teams, Sales staff, and potential customers.
- Visiting clients with the Sales team in assigned territory.
- Providing programming and software support proposals to customers, including customized scripting.
- Designing customized solutions for potential customers.
- Partner with Integration Consultants in ensuring proper setup of ChemAxon solutions in customer environments:
- Project management: from front-end planning to long-term supervision.
- Commissioning and customizing systems.
- Integrating with third-party vendors and/or in-house systems.
- Migrating data between platforms.
- Developing and delivering technical training and workshops.
- Representing the company at scientific conferences, trade shows and tech talks.
- Attend local cheminformatics/chemistry networking events.
- Some travel to clients and company headquarters required.
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us:
- Background in cheminformatics and drug discovery, preferably in the pharma or biotech field.
- General knowledge of software and processes used in drug discovery, with academic research background preferred.
- Programming and scripting experience (prefer Python, Java or Groovy).
- Databases and SQL (Oracle and MySQL especially).
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills across various media (knowledge share with development, presentations, remote and on-site communication).
- Willingness to learn new skills in SaaS product presentation, deployment and support.
- Willingness to travel.
What we will offer you:
- A competitive salary with generous health/dental insurance and 401(K) match.
- Flexible working hours with the option of working remotely.
- Four weeks of paid vacation time per year.
- 10 paid company holidays plus two floating holidays per year.
- A training program with a yearly professional development allowance.
- Exposure and collaboration with sophisticated leading pharmaceutical drug discovery environments.
- The opportunity to be part of a creative and dynamic geographically dispersed team at our innovative company.