Solutions Architect (Professional Services Team)
ChemAxon is an industry-leading cheminformatics software company whose solutions have been foundational to early-stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our vast client list includes top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions. We are agile, innovative, and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration among our talented employees and customers.
Location: Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park in the fall of 2021.
About this opportunity:
We are looking for a seasoned technologist to join our Professional Services team as a customer-facing Solutions Architect; to craft and drive, with customers, account managers, business development, engineering, and product teams scalable, flexible and resilient architectures that address customer business problems. This opportunity is perfect for someone who can use their technical, architecture, leadership, collaboration, and enterprise knowledge to evangelize and deliver solutions using ChemAxon’s wide array of technologies. You should be passionate, knowledgeable and customer-focused.
- Providing technical support to clients and the Sales staff during the presales stage of the customer lifecycle, including solution architecture advisory
- Taking part in developing customer pipeline strategy, focusing on migration to ChemAxon’s backend, Compound Registration, and SaaS portfolio
- Serving as a liaison between and within project teams, Sales staff, and potential customers
- Providing programming and software support proposals to customers, including customized scripting
- Designing customized solutions for potential customers
- Partner with Consultants in ensuring proper setup of ChemAxon solutions in customer environments:
- Project management: from front-end planning to long-term supervision
- Commissioning and customizing systems
- Integrating with third-party vendors and/or in-house systems
- Migrating data between platforms
- Developing and delivering technical training and workshops
- Representing the company at scientific conferences, trade shows and tech talks
- Attend local cheminformatics/chemistry networking events
- Some travel may be required
- Background in cheminformatics and drug discovery, preferably in pharma or biotech field
- General knowledge of software and processes used in drug discovery, with academic research background preferred
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills across various media (knowledge sharing, presentations, remote and on-site communication).
- Programming and scripting experience (Java, Python, Groovy, node.js)
- Strong knowledge in database technology (Sql+NoSql, data warehouses+lakes+marts, ETL, AWS RDS)
- Experience with enterprise technology (API, messaging, clustering, networking, security)
- Willingness to learn new skills in SaaS product presentation, deployment and support
- Willingness to travel to our head office in Hungary and to client locations if needed
- Fluency in English
- Required to be within commuting distance to Budapest or Prague or Basel, to be able to work in or visit one of our offices when it's needed
- Exposure and collaboration with sophisticated leading pharmaceutical drug discovery environments
- Competitive salary in an innovative company
- You can work from the ChemAxon office or you can choose fully remote work
- To be a part of a creative and progressive team
- Pleasant and homely atmosphere: leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, training packages, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs
- Team building events
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
- To work with global Top500 client companies
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.