Support Manager (SaaS)
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven company working with world-leading life science researchers to progress the value and utility of chemistry information. We provide a unique and transparent environment in which you can consider and create the best possible technical solutions for demanding users.
Location: Budapest, Graphisoft Park. Our office will move to Váci Greens office park in the fall of 2021.
About this opportunity:
We are looking for a Support Manager who will be accountable for all of ChemAxon’s support services. You will oversee a number of key functions that enable the delivery of high-quality services to end users, and ensure Service Support and Service Delivery processes are in place to meet business needs. Our aim is to change the current desktop environment to SaaS. You will plan and implement teams, processes, policies, guidelines in order to ensure the support necessary for the business (e.g., 24/7 support for SaaS products, elevated support needs of certain key customers).
Your responsibilities will include:
- As the owner of the escalation process, the Support Manager will take ownership of major incidents to ensure coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders, and post-incident review.
- Owning the Incident, Request, Change, Knowledge Management and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting, and establishing service improvement activities when required.
- Being accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems.
- Driving internal and third-party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality, and processes.
- Collaborating with the product and customer representatives to determine service needs and how our offerings can address their growth and potential.
- Responsible for guidelines and processes related to end user documentation and knowledge base for the products.
- Policy formulation by assisting the management in formulating policies that are geared towards improving service delivery.
- Implementing and maintaining effective support services.
- Creating and implementing plans to ensure 24/7 support.
- Maintaining high performing service support functions.
- Monitoring, controlling, and supporting service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies, and procedures are in place and followed
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us:
- Working experience with SaaS products, preferably in a startup environment
- Expert knowledge of ITIL or other frameworks
- At least three years experience in the support services field.
- Previous experience as a Team Lead or Service Delivery Manager is an advantage.
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills (has had experience as a first/second level agent).
- Highly innovative as the responsibilities require a constant lookout for ways to improve customer experience.
- Exceptional ability to plan and implement support services.
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate in an effective manner with stakeholders and customers.
What we will offer you:
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company.
- You can work from the ChemAxon office or you can choose to work remotely.
- Being a part of a creative and progressive team.
- Pleasant work atmosphere: our office has a leisure and recreation area as well as a playing corner for children.
- Training packages, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs.
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment.
- Creating cutting-edge technology in cheminformatics.
- Working with Agile (Scrum/Kanban/XP) methodologies.
- Ability to work with global Top500 client companies.
Although we are a great believer that colocation supports collaboration and the flow of knowledge, we mostly work from home at the moment. The office - with all the necessary safety regulations & equipment - is still opened for those who prefer to work there.
For some info on ChemAxon, you can check two videos:
How to apply? If you are interested please send your CV by clicking the "Apply now" button below.