UX research bootcamp for people with scientific background
Start date: 2021, September
Are you thinking about changing your career with new challenges without leaving the field of science?
Have you ever experienced that scientific software prevents you from focusing on your research? Do you want to have a large scale impact on changing it?
Our User Experience Researcher position with an integrated bootcamp is an ideal choice for those who would like to change their career by jumping into the world of User Experience (UX) but want to stay close to science as well.
ChemAxon is a software development company working in the field of life sciences with clients from top 20 pharmaceutical companies. Our vision is to build a sustainable future through innovating best-in-class software solutions for chemistry and biology.
We offer an opportunity to change your career and become a User Experience Researcher at ChemAxon. Work with us and build on your scientific expertise to understand other scientists’ needs Your role will be to plan, conduct & analyze different user research activities and share findings with your team.
No foreknowledge is required of the field of UX. After a successful application, we will offer you a full-time employment contract starting with our 1-month long bootcamp to acquire the basic knowledge to be able to join a product team as a UX Researcher.
What do UX researchers do? Is this really a profession?
User Experience Research is an emerging field of software development. Companies realized that they are not able to build successful digital products without deeply understanding their users' needs & challenges. The competition is so high therefore only those could survive who not just serve current needs but anticipate future behaviour changes. The role of UX research is to listen & observe to understand peoples’ real motivation and their goals to make the team able to provide relevant solutions.
Do you want to read further?
What do we offer
- An intensive hands-on training by experienced user researchers
- Full time employment
- Long term mentoring for professional development
- Opportunity to have a career path
- Dynamically growing company with strong foundations
- Supportive friendly environment
- Complex international clients & projects
- Personal development budget for conferences and trainings
- Remote working opportunities
What do we expect
- Master’s degree in any life science discipline with a strong chemistry background
- 1-3 years of industrial experience in drug discovery or a related field
- Openness & commitment to change your profession
- Excellent English language skills (both written and spoken)
- Good communication & presentation skills
- Lifelong learning approach
- Take part in user recruitment to have participants for research activities
- Prepare research activities (write scripts, organize meetings, manage tools)
- Conduct user interviews and usability tests
- Analyse results of various research projects
- Proactively share insights with your product team
- Upload, categorise & manage research insights in a knowledge repository
Are you interested in it? Or still have questions about the opportunity? Apply without any commitment