ChemAxon is currently looking for an experienced UX researcher. Over the last two years, our UX team has grown fast, now with two UX researchers and six full-time UX and UI designers working on some truly inspiring projects.
We are a company that believes in highly autonomous professionals who can manage their own time and schedule.
You will take part in or drive the full research process closely collaborating with product teams:
- Define research plan scope: Closely collaborate with stakeholders to define main research questions, objectives that bring the most value to the Business Goal.
- Plan research studies: prioritise needs, define methodologies, and estimate possible deadlines for delivering the study results.
- Conduct diverse product research activities such as market analysis, workshops, observational research, user journey mapping, scenario creation, target audience segmentation.
- Analysis & synthesis research results (both qualitative and quantitative) into product insights
- Communicate the research insights in an understandable and transparent way.
- Encouraging a research-based culture across the company.
- The ideal candidate will possess an energetic personality with excellent communication skills, attention to details, patience.
- Candidate must be able to excel in a dynamic, hands-on and creative environment.
- Collaboration skills working across UX team, product owners and data scientists.
- Communication skills to distil insights from research.
- Ability to teach and mentor others.
- Experience with a broad range of user research methods (usability tests, user interviews, surveys, personas and user journey maps).
- Knowledge of when to apply which techniques and how to combine them to answer complex questions.
- Ability to translate complex research findings into actionable documents.
- Knowledge of agile development processes.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
ChemAxon is quite unique. Seriously.
Imagine it's like an agile startup, but on a larger scale. When we say flat organization, we mean it. You will have the company trust from the first day and you should be able to take your own decisions and share your feedback constantly. If you see a challenge within the organization you are empowered to change it. Everyone is supportive and eager to help anytime. You are going to have all the resources to develop your professional skills (conference budget, free books, internal training, etc). By the way, we have been building chemistry and biology related products since 1998 with clients from the top 10 pharmaceutical companies.
Quick facts about the actual UX team
We are a multicultural team and we say “jó étvágyat” in 4 different languages. We work as a horizontal team and we have three focus areas: * Strengthen company-wide collaboration and make design methodologies integrated part of the culture. * Strengthen consistency by shifting focus from features to user needs and advocate the importance of the user research-based decisions. * Planning, conducting and implementing Design System.
Why work with us
We have a modern office in Buda next to the Danube river, with free coffee, snacks, a pool table and ping pong. Our coffee machine is not a fancy one with hand-picked coffee beans, but there are fancy small cafes, food trucks and plenty of lunch opportunities in the Graphisoft Park. There’s even the option to have lunch cooked at the office once a week. ChemAxon promotes healthy lifestyle, people working here are often attending sport activities, we even have pilates and yoga lessons starting in the morning. ChemAxon is a family friendly company and we respect your free time. We offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours and the opportunity to really grow in an innovative company.
For some info on who ChemAxon is, you can check two videos: a shorter one about who we are (~1.5 min) and another one with some history and something about what we do (~5m).
If you would like to know more about the way we work, check out our Culture Guide here.
If you like what you read, please send us CV and whatever you think describes you the best. Please apply in English.