How to obtain and maintain a free ChemAxon Academic License?
- First visit the ChemAxon Academic License website
- If you want to draw a chemical structure, use our calculation and naming capabilities - make sure to check the freely available Chemicalize or Marvin.
- Read the general conditions and apply for the free license if you think you will fulfill our requirements.
- Complete the application and submit.
- Your application will be reviewed. We may need additional details during the acceptance process.
- Once your application is accepted you can download your license from the 'My Licenses' page.
- You must maintain the accuracy of your application. You will need to amend your application if you change or introduce new software use. You will also need to amend your application to inform of implementations or articles generated with data from these tools. To review or amend your application please log in and revisit your application page.
- To access the software you should visit the product page for downloads and select the software required.
If you have any questions about how to apply for, maintain or access software provided under the Academic License conditions please search our Support Ticketing System.
Which products are included?
- The chemical editor, Marvin along with all the Calculators
- All the naming capabilities of Chemical Name and Structure Conversion, Chemical Data Extraction
- Back-end tools for building databases: JChem Base, Web Services and the Chemical Structure Representation Toolkit
- Data management with Instant JChem or JChem for Office
- Discovery toolkits: Screen Suite, Reactor, JKlustor
- Analyze Markush structures with Markush Tools and Markush Editor
Please note that this list might change.
Academic Research or Teaching License?
Common conditions: Both licenses are valid for two years; they are assigned to named individuals. The license keys, either for research or for teaching - cannot be transferred beyond individuals and groups identified here.
- Academic Research License: The license is granted for research purposes and the license keys provided are issued to named individuals, the license cannot be distributed. The terms of the license cite that, two year subsequent licenses will be provided if publications can be demonstrated and ChemAxon is correctly cited. Please note, that you cannot share this license to carry out research in teams or to build databases!
- Academic Teaching License: The license is granted for teaching purposes and the license keys provided can be distributed to current members of the department stated in the application. The term of the license is two years which can be extended anytime as long as the license holder teaches.
General conditions of offer
- The Academic License is only available to academic organisations.
- ChemAxon makes no charge for the provided software offered within the Academic License.
- ChemAxon makes no charge for software upgrades or support provided via the Support Ticketing System for software provided within the Academic License.
- With the exception of fees related to tuition neither the academic organisation, commercial or academic partners nor any of its employees will receive funds or payments in kind related to the performance of the provided software.
- No products, applications, services or any other delivery of software performance which contains the provided software are allowed without the written permission of ChemAxon.
- All implementations of provided software should (when possible) credit ChemAxon by placing a logo with a link to https://www.chemaxon.com, on all the relevant pages or sections of the implementation where the software is providing content. Please find our logo on the bottom of this page.
- Any publications or presentations based upon implementations or data generated by provided software must cite ChemAxon. For specific citation information, please see our details located here.
- Applicants and license holders must remain familiar with the conditions of the Academic License and maintain the accuracy of their applications according to the requested information, and respond to confirmation requests with the accurate application details.
- ChemAxon reserves the right to alter the conditions of the Academic License at any time. Any changes to these conditions will be emailed to the valid license holders.