Web-enabled visualization of chemical structures
An ever increasing number of molecular structure visualizaton tools are being developed by cheminformatics companies, academic research labs and recently by the open source community. Many of these tools have become popular and are widely used by professional researchers, public websites providing chemistry data and also for educational purposes. It also has to be admitted, that these softwares work well, they provide good image quality, are rich in features and do not show stability or performance problems. So why implement "yet another molecular structure visualization" software?
- Well, ChemAxon already has active chemical editor and viewer development as well as a plugin technology for property prediction. From our users and own experience we felt that none of the existing visualization tools provided all of the key features in one device and that some functionalities are not available, particularly;
- web-enabled high quality rendering
- very large complexes are managed
- all types of common molecular surfaces are
- interactive monitors and controls
- platform independent
- available as programmers toolkit (Java API) plus: professional support
public development directly driven by users' needs MarvinSpace, ChemAxon's new 3D molecule visualization and modeling software aims to achieve a wide spectrum of functions combined with near print quality interactive rendering in a platform independent solution. MarvinSpace should be useful for content providers, online publishers, public internet databases, chemoinformatians, medicinal chemists, modelers and biochemists.