Easy to operate web-based solutions for life science project teams
Plexus Connect is a web-based software for accessing, displaying, searching and analyzing scientific data. Several ChemAxon tools are integrated into Connect - With more future versions to follow! Connect brilliantly combines ChemAxon's strong chemistry knowledge with all the technical benefits of a browser-based environment. It aims to provide solutions for data analysis, visualization and database management. It's a versatile system suited for workflows ranging from, small biotech start-ups, to large pharmaceutical corporations.
Accessing your life science data anytime, anywhere
Connect is the backbone of a number of chemical data management workflows on the web. It relies on the robust search of JChem Engines and on the data handling of Instant JChem. Plexus Connect accesses chemical databases designed and managed within Instant JChem, thus making research data available in an online environment. Plexus Connect allows scientists to view, search and analyze their data on an intuitive interface that can be shared with peers easily.
Web-based solution for your workflow
Plexus Connect offers the following capabilities:
- Quick import of data from files or from databases.
- Customizable views with conditional formatting, colouring or sorting to visualize the data set. Displays multiple views on the screen with synchronized data.
- Role based security settings define access rights to delete, add or edit data fields.
- Easy search in any content of the standard databases, and even filter option based on structural patterns. Search queries can be saved for later use.
- Extensive list management to save search results, edit them later and even combine several lists using logical operations.
- Export among others to SDF, TXT, MS Excel (also JChem for Excel) and PDF file formats.
- Share your formatted views, results, queries or lists simply via a hyperlink.
Discover relationships between properties of datasets using freehand or rectangular selection on a scatter plot. The selected data points are synchronized with all workplace charts. Linear and non-linear curve fitting options are available too. Also, it's rather easy to explore distributions and categories in a dataset with histograms and bar charts, boosted with cumulative curves.
Data point selection is synchronized between charts and data tables too. This way charts can be used as a visualized form of search. Any chart of the workspace can be exported in svg file format for further use (e.g.: on presentation slides).
High performance, security and consistency
As Plexus Connect is a web-application, most of the highly demanding tasks such as structure searches are performed on the server machine; therefore the application performance is excellent - even on low specification client machines. Additionally, Plexus Connect supports the JChem Cartridge for Oracle, instantly reducing hardware demands even more. Plexus Connect utilizes robust user authentication and authorization protocols. A single security mechanism (e.g. LDAP) can be set-up by the system administrator to then be used by all database connections available through the server. It's possible to separate the client from the database and the optional read-only user interface - further improving security.