Easy to operate web-based extension to Instant JChem for project teams working with chemical data.
Plexus Connect is a web-based software used to access, display, search, and analyze scientific data. It seamlessly combines ChemAxon's cheminformatics expertise with the technical benefits of a browser-based environment. It accesses chemical databases designed and managed within Instant JChem, making your research data accessible in an online environment. It is a versatile system suited for workflows ranging from small research groups to large pharmaceutical and chemical corporations.
Access your research data anywhere, anytime
Plexus Connect relies on the robust search capability of JChem Engines and the effective data handling of Instant JChem. Users can view, search and analyze their chemical and non-chemical datasets using an intuitive interface that can be shared with peers easily. Plexus Connect provides access to relational databases managed by Instant JChem in an online environment. Both Instant JChem and Plexus Connect offer widely used chemical search functionalities, saving, sharing, exporting and visualization of scientific datasets. Popular and easily customizable database views can be designed in Instant JChem, and accessed by Plexus Connect. Plexus Connect also provides its own form editor to make designing of database views simple and effortless.
Web-based solution for your workflow
Plexus Connect offers the following capabilities:
- Customizable views with conditional formatting, coloring and other functionalities to make your data easily readable. Views can be created in Instant JChem and accessed by Plexus Connect or created and used in Plexus Connect. In both cases, the views can be private or shared between collaborators.
- Search and filter any type of content in your database, including chemical structures. In hierarchical databases, filtering child data is also a feature. Search criteria can be saved for later use.
- Save search results, edit them later and combine several lists using logical operations through extensive list management.
- Export to SDF, TXT, MS Excel (also JChem for Excel) and PDF along a variety of other file formats.
- Access and share views, search results, queries or lists via URL.
- Define access rights to delete, add or edit data fields with role based security settings.
Find more details about Plexus Connect functionalities in our documentation.
Examine relationships between your data using Plexus Connect and visualize your datasets as scatterplot, histogram or radar charts. Your data is synchronized automatically, displayed in a chart with the relevant view and with other charts displayed in the workspace. Data selection can be done within the view by filtering your data set, or within the chart. Several curve fitting options can be used to highlight trends in your data set (linear, 4PL, exponential, power and logarithmic regression). Display chemical structures as well as R-groups on the axes is also provided. For easier analysis of selected molecules, the chemical structure and its properties appear by hovering over a data point. Any chart can be saved as a PNG or SVG file for future use.
Efficient extension of Instant JChem
As Plexus Connect uses Instant JChem as its administration and database management tool, it benefits from all Instant JChem’s advantages. Instant JChem’s database centric environment supports handling of large datasets stored in both local and remote databases. Via Plexus Connect, these databases are seamlessly accessible in a browser-based environment online without any further administration. Database setup, project management and user administration are arranged by Instant JChem, so Plexus Connect remains an easy-to-operate tool for end users. As Plexus Connect is a web-application, most of the highly demanding tasks (such as structure search) are performed on the server, providing excellent performance for the application even on low specification client machines. Plexus Connect utilizes robust user authentication and authorization protocols. A single security mechanism (e.g. LDAP) can be set-up by the system administrator to be used by all database connections available through the server.