ChemAxon introduces ChemCurator for chemical information extraction and Markush structure creation
Budapest, Hungary - September 30th, 2014 - ChemAxon, a leader in providing chemistry software solutions and consulting services for life science research, launches ChemCurator, an application to extract chemical information and generate Markush structures from documents.
Markush structures are essential in securing an organizations intellectual property, however generating and understanding Markush structures is a difficult and time consuming process. Moreover, extracting and understanding chemistry text and images, such as exemplified structures within patent documents, is an unmet need.
By combining ChemAxon’s chemical text mining and Markush technologies within an intuitive application, researchers and information professionals can easily see chemistry in documents, understand their context and work directly with structures to build and explore Markush libraries quickly.
Novel productivity aspects:
- automatic recognition of chemical names and structure images within various document types
- drag and drop population and merge of R-group constituents from recognized structures
- automatic Markush structure verification through comparison of recognized exemplified structures in (patent) documents
- structures and source text are dynamically linked and viewable in a synchronous mode
- pre-existing connections with public and commercial patent repositories, such as IFI CLAIMS, simplify document acquisition
ChemAxon’s Markush technology and ChemCurator was discussed at the recent ChemAxon user Group Meeting in Cambridge, MA, relevant presentations include
- Introducing ChemCurator - chemical document curation and management (ChemAxon)
- The needs and challenges related to in-depth analysis of patent molecular spaces to support drug discovery projects (Merck)
- Working effectively with complex Markush structures (ChemAxon)
- Construction of a vast virtual chemical space powered by ChemAxon’s Markush search platform and its utility in molecular design (Merck)
- What else can you do with the Markush cartridge? Tracking chemical series for project teams (Novartis)
ChemAxon is a leader in providing cheminformatics software platforms and desktop applications for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and agrochemical industries. With core capabilities for structure visualization, search and management, property prediction, virtual synthesis, screening and drug design, ChemAxon focuses upon active interaction with users and software portability to create powerful, cost effective cross platform solutions that power modern cheminformatics and chemical communication. The company is privately owned with European headquarters in Budapest, US East Coast headquarters in Cambridge, MA, and sales and support offices in Europe, Japan and across North America.